Taliese Fuaga

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

Honestly, I don't get all the hate for Latham. 

Becton's issues were #1 Injuries and #2 between his ears. Otherwise he was a top notch prospect. Even injuries were flukie, not anything you could really predict as he was pretty healthy throughout his college career. If Becton can stay healthy, he can still resurrect his career and be a great LT in the NFL. 

Latham has a higher ceiling than Fuaga, I don't think there's any question. People are comparing Fuaga to Wirfs but he is nowhere near the same athlete. And I LIKE Fuaga. I think he's great.  

i mean, i not a scout but i watched his tape and he looks slow trying to pass block. thats why i say he reminds me of becton, like he will just get eaten up by the fast pass rushers

3 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

There’s only so far he can rise beyond the tenth pick with two higher rated OTs and possibly three QBs going top ten.  Doesn’t sound like Nabers has much chance right now of falling to ten and Chargers fans swear Bowers isn’t getting past them.  Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out!

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

As a general rule, I trust Polynesian football players to be excellent more than just about anything.

I would say as of right now, barring a trade, I’d say the Jets will be drafting one of Fuaga, Nabers, Odunze or Mims from Georgia.

I agree with everything you said, with one caveat. If Fuaga, Nabers, Odunze, Mims and Jayden Daniels are still on the board at ten, and Dogass gets an opportunity to trade down to recoup a 2nd round pick (and more) he better do it. Because any one of those guys is a starter at a need position. Take a WR, no worries you will get a starter for the O-line in the 2nd round. 

It's a risk, sure, but it's a calculated risk that you cana trade down from 10 to 15, maybe even 20 and still get Taliese Fuaga. With the extra picks you can very plausibly have after day three: 

Taliese Fuaga, RT, Oregon, Emeka Egbuka, WR Ohio State and/or Xavier Worthy WR Texas, Delmar Glaze,OT Maryland, and sure why not take a QB with one of your last picks, Spencer Rattler QB South Carolina, or if you want to use a 4th rounder and he's on the board, Michael Pratt from Tulane. Any four of those guys and the 3 or 4 other picks Dogass can get trading down, would be a solid draft. 

If the trade isn't there, then you take Taliese Fuaga at ten and don't look back. Take the best WR in round 3, and if Pratt is there at 4 you take him. There won't be any offensive linemen by then that are projected to be starters, and if there are, JD won't know that anyway. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

If the trade isn't there, then you take Taliese Fuaga at ten and don't look back. Take the best WR in round 3, and if Pratt is there at 4 you take him. There won't be any offensive linemen by then that are projected to be starters, and if there are, JD won't know that anyway. 

this is the sad truth.

• Upvote 1

I'm not convinced he's staying at tackle in the pros.  He has issues with the speed rush

"Fuaga does drift and overset against wide rush alignments and rushers who know how weaponize stutters and hesitations, leaving him vulnerable to losing across his face. He also has a bad habit of striking down the middle of high-side rushers, creating a short corner that the cross-chop technique can exploit.

Overall, Fuaga has the size, power and run-blocking skills to earn a starting role in his first training camp at guard inside a run-first, play-action-based system. He also has enough quickness to play tackle in a pinch."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10095704-taliese-fuaga-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-oregon-state-iol

34 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm not convinced he's staying at tackle in the pros.  He has issues with the speed rush

"Fuaga does drift and overset against wide rush alignments and rushers who know how weaponize stutters and hesitations, leaving him vulnerable to losing across his face. He also has a bad habit of striking down the middle of high-side rushers, creating a short corner that the cross-chop technique can exploit.

Overall, Fuaga has the size, power and run-blocking skills to earn a starting role in his first training camp at guard inside a run-first, play-action-based system. He also has enough quickness to play tackle in a pinch."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10095704-taliese-fuaga-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-oregon-state-iol

I don't get it. You linked a video showing fuaga play very well

• Upvote 1