Caleb Williams hasn’t filed for the draft yet and could be planning an Elway/Eli-like power move

I know it’s very “why didn’t anyone go to his birthday party” but honestly all I care about with this personality, career path, money stuff is can he earn the respect of NFL players and lead a team.  If his teammates believe in him and don’t have a problem with his noise I see no reason he shouldn’t be #1. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 11:56 AM, JustInFudge said:

Fair, I can see how that is the impression but I thought he was a future bust, huge pussy, w/ red flags prior to this report so this just made it worse, IMO because no where on earth, is he in the same conversation as these dudes.  Nobody has him in that conversation, not sure where you're getting that from, he's a highly flawed and tiny.

And I dont know how you could say there is a precedent.  It happened 3 times in how many years of the draft?  Once w/ Elway which was somewhat unique because of his baseball desires and then the Manning's, who are NFL royalty and technically, nothing happened w/ Peyton.  That's it.  Williams, doesnt have near the pedigree, nor the generational label to pull this flex move.

I don't know enough about Caleb WIlliams to have an opinion on this topic but I don't think the Manning's were really NFL royalty until Peyton hit it big with the Colts.

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know enough about Caleb WIlliams to have an opinion on this topic but I don't think the Manning's were really NFL royalty until Peyton hit it big with the Colts.

Archie was a great qb on bad teams.  He was very well respected throughout the league and Peyton was the most hyped NFL draft prospect I have seen in my life.  It was literally 2+ years of “where is Peyton going?”  And then ofcourse Bill Parcells shoots him and his father both down and then passes on Orlando f’n Pace

Time to throw up.

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Archie was a great qb on bad teams.  He was very well respected throughout the league and Peyton was the most hyped NFL draft prospect I have seen in my life.  It was literally 2+ years of “where is Peyton going?”  And then ofcourse Bill Parcells shoots him and his father both down and then passes on Orlando f’n Pace

Time to throw up.

And then, come draft time, it was "Peyton or Leaf?"

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And then, come draft time, it was "Peyton or Leaf?"

The Leaf Hype was contrarian nonsense similar to all these clowns 3 years ago screaming about how Zach Wilson was such a better prospect than Trevor and the people who really know football agree

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...