Backup qbs

21 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

There are a number of choices. Sam Howell has been mentioned trading him to Jets for Zach and a pick. I like Tyrod. And maybe draft a QB as developmental 3rd string. 

If I’m the Jets that’s the guy to trade for. You kill 2 birds with one stone, you get a capable backup who’s young and still have upside. 

4 hours ago, August said:

If I’m the Jets that’s the guy to trade for. You kill 2 birds with one stone, you get a capable backup who’s young and still have upside. 

The Jets backup QB budget should be capped at $5mm.  That is what Zippy would get.  Hopefully they can trade him to someone who takes his salary, and we can spend less for a backup QB.  

2 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets backup QB budget should be capped at $5mm.  That is what Zippy would get.  Hopefully they can trade him to someone who takes his salary, and we can spend less for a backup QB.  

After this year? Who’s out there that’s decent for that price? 

The # 2 guy needs to be a vet. Brisset. Tyrod. Sign me up.

The # 3 guy, if they don't draft anyone, get a QB that can scramble and bring some energy. Different offense for sure, but if you are down to # 3 shake it up and have some fun with it for crying out loud.

How are you going to find somebody better than the QB who won 72% of all the team wins for the Jets over the past three years.

In his high water mark (2022) his W-L ratio exceeds all but 6 NFL teams. 

As a Jet he beats HOF QB Farve by 4 wins, probable HOF QB Rodgers by 13 wins and probable HOF QB Mike White by 11 wins.

Zach Wilson just knows how to WIN. 

• WTF? 1