Wr

bman

But in the end the Seahawks were beat by better WR's.

Wrong. Seattle's 3 WR: 16 catches for 213 yards. Pittsburgh's 3 WR: 12 catches for 165. 3 main reasons they lost were their defense giving up the big plays, jeremy stevens dropped passes, and the refs.

The seahawks were beat by better wr's??? Really? I thought it was their TE choking and the refs that did them in, not to mention Big Ben's stellar SB performance.

Right, except that Roethlisberger throwing 9/21 for 123 yards and 2 interceptions isn't that stellar. He had the 40 yard pass to Ward and the TD run, other than that he didn't do anything special.

Wrong. Seattle's 3 WR: 16 catches for 213 yards. Pittsburgh's 3 WR: 12 catches for 165. 3 main reasons they lost were their defense giving up the big plays, jeremy stevens dropped passes, and the refs.

Right, except that Roethlisberger throwing 9/21 for 123 yards and 2 interceptions isn't that stellar. He had the 40 yard pass to Ward and the TD run, other than that he didn't do anything special.

I realize I should have inserted a TX wink smiley at the end of that statement. Yes, Big Ben sucked balls in the SB, that much is obvious.

Hey Max, we need a smiley which illustrates posts as "dripping with sarcasm," thanks.;)

I realize I should have inserted a TX wink smiley at the end of that statement. Yes, Big Ben sucked balls in the SB, that much is obvious.

Hey Max, we need a smiley which illustrates posts as "dripping with sarcasm," thanks.;)

I agree, I've had the same problem more than a few times. This one doesn't work, its too bulky and not subtle enough. :sarc:

Who won MVP? Oh that's right, nevermind.

Who won MVP? Oh that's right, nevermind.
I'd say only 3 people could have even been considered for the MVP. Ward, Fast Willie, and Ike Taylor. It was a no brainer who deserved it. But just because the other team has one great WR who had an excellent game doesn't mean that it shows poorly on the Seattle WRs because they didn't match his performance. Games aren't played by WR only. The Seattle recievers did their job.

I'd say only 3 people could have even been considered for the MVP. Ward, Fast Willie, and Ike Taylor. It was a no brainer who deserved it. But just because the other team has one great WR who had an excellent game doesn't mean that it shows poorly on the Seattle WRs because they didn't match his performance. Games aren't played by WR only. The Seattle recievers did their job.

Seatle WR's choked.

So Darrell Jackson plays TE? or was that Jeremy Stevens pushing off in the end zone and dropping key passes?
How many catchable passes did Darrell Jackson drop? none. Ok, so you really were drunk when you watched the game. How many catchable passes did Hines Ward drop? 2. And one of them was a perfectly catchable touchdown pass near the end of the second quarter too.

So Darrell Jackson plays TE? or was that Jeremy Stevens pushing off in the end zone and dropping key passes?

Was it Jeremy Stevens dropping key passes? YES! You're an idiot. Darrell Jackson had 7 incomplete passes thrown his way in the superbowl. He caught two of them out of bounds which probably couldn't have been caught in bounds. Two of them were overthrown enough to make them impossible to catch. One of them was thrown behind him where he couldn't get to it because he got tangled up with the DB. And the other was thrown away out of bounds. How many "key passes" did Darrell Jackson drop, like you said? none. How many key passes did Jeremy Stevens drop, like I said? 3. Owned my ass.

Thats the most ignorant post I've seen hands down, saying that it wasn't Jeremy Stevens dropping key passes. Hell, he dropped every key pass. The second most ignorant post? TX coming in for the blowjob right behind you.

Sharrow - You obviously didn't watch the game.

The WR who had the best game was Hines Ward 5 for 123 and a TD. The MVP was also a Pitt WR. The bottom line is the Pitt WR's performed when called upon. THEY EXECUTED and that is the name of the game.

Since you missed the game here is another commentator who made note of the same plays I saw. Between Jackson's push off, footing problems and dropped passes I will go out on a limb and say that yes Hines Ward outplayed him.

http://blogs.foxsports.com/MikeHarmon/Super_Bowl

Darrell Jackson failed to mind his footing on two plays toward the sideline, with one of them costing Seattle a TD.

BTW, talking s.h.i.t. on a message board when no one attacked you first is bush league. I googled this and got 123,000 articles about Jackson's poor game. But if you have a problem like that PM me. I live in CT and will be willing to travel so we can figure this whole thing out. Otherwise stfu and stick to the subject at hand - you're wrong.

How can any of our Wr's produce with the garbage we call QB's? I think Jerrico Cotchery can and will be a good WR ,better than McCareins.

We have almost nothing at the wide receiver position. Cotchery is a decent 3rd receiver at best. McCareins is a disaster. Coles is ok you guys overrate him. Chris Baker is an ok tight end but it would not hurt upgrading there. Doug Jolley is hideous.

With that kind of talent we should certainly wait 3-4 years to address the receiver position.

Sharrow - You obviously didn't watch the game.
I have it on tape, I've watched it numerous times including yesterday to check out each of Darrell Jackson's passes right before I posted.

The WR who had the best game was Hines Ward 5 for 123 and a TD. The MVP was also a Pitt WR. The bottom line is the Pitt WR's performed when called upon. THEY EXECUTED and that is the name of the game.

Since you missed the game here is another commentator who made note of the same plays I saw. Between Jackson's push off, footing problems and dropped passes I will go out on a limb and say that yes Hines Ward outplayed him.

http://blogs.foxsports.com/MikeHarmon/Super_Bowl

I never said he didn't have the best game, and I never said he didn't deserve the MVP, I said the exact opposite. The name of the game wasn't that Seattle's WR didn't execute, it was that Jeremy Stevens and their defense didn't. Maybe on one of the passes that Jackson caught out of bounds he might have been able to keep his feet in if he made more of an effort to stay away from the sideline before the pass. But on the other there was no way he could have caught it in bounds, nobody could. I saw these plays yesterday. And again I'll say it because obviously you didn't read my post, Darrell Jackson didn't drop any catchable passes. One pass went off his hand when he was overthrown, and there's no way he could have caught it. Did I ever say that Hines Ward didn't outplay them? No, so why are you agreeing with me and pretending like you're not?

But just because the other team has one great WR who had an excellent game doesn't mean that it shows poorly on the Seattle WRs because they didn't match his performance.

BTW, talking s.h.i.t. on a message board when no one attacked you first is bush league. I googled this and got 123,000 articles about Jackson's poor game. But if you have a problem like that PM me. I live in CT and will be willing to travel so we can figure this whole thing out. Otherwise stfu and stick to the subject at hand - you're wrong.
As far as I can see, I haven't talked any ****. You must mean when I called your post the most ignorant that I'd ever seen. Thats not talking ****, its the truth. I don't see how anyone can think that Jeremy Stevens didn't drop key passes. And if those 123,000 articles say that Jackson dropped any catchable passes, then they're wrong too. As far as I'm concerned 5 catches for 50 yards is alright against the Steeler's defense. Not to mention the solid games by Jurivicious and Engram. And about sticking to the subject, I think you should listen to your own advice. What I'm arguing is that even if Seattle had better wide recievers, they would have lost that game. You keep putting words in my mouth and trying to make the argument into something its not.

You said right here that Seatle WR's had the better game. It is not true. H Ward pretty much dominated regardless of what the overall passing stats say.

Botton line...Jets offense SUCKS...

Jets NEED upgrades at LT, RB. QB (hopefully ramsey is answer), and WR

They can do that on day of the draft.

There aren't any real offensive playmakers that the Jets can take. You're missing that point. None of the guys you wanna get will make much of an impact this year, and you'll still be complaining about how the Jets offense sucks.

You said right here that Seatle WR's had the better game. It is not true. H Ward pretty much dominated regardless of what the overall passing stats say.

That was in response to you saying this:

But in the end the Seahawks were beat by better WR's.

I don't see myself saying anywhere in that quote that "Seattle's WRs had the better game" because I didn't say that. I merely posted the stats to show that they weren't the reason that the Seahawks lost as you said. So please quit twisting my words into something they're not. If you can't come with facts, then just stop arguing with me and stop arguing against things that I've never even said.

Archived