Daniel Jeremiah's Mock 1.0: Fauga over Fashanu

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If they can get Becton on the cheap I’m all for it as long as they also sign some depth.

In the event we draft RT in Round, let’s please cut Lake + move AVT BACK at LG.

I have a feeling they may keep him at RG. In this scheme, the RG is the most important interior OL position. Since the outside zone often shifts protection to the left, the RG is most likely to find himself on an island so to speak, dealing with one-on-ones while the C is usually working his way left to help the LG, as the LG helps the LTs interior. Additionally, the majority of the running plays are designed to the right, so as the team’s best run blocker it only makes sense to keep him there.

If they go out and add a guy like Robert Hunt in FA, then I think it would make sense to move AVT back to LG (or even RT). 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I have a feeling they may keep him at RG. In this scheme, the RG is the most important interior OL position. Since the outside zone often shifts protection to the left, the RG is most likely to find himself on an island so to speak, dealing with one-on-ones while the C is usually working his way left to help the LG, as the LG helps the LTs interior. Additionally, the majority of the running plays are designed to the right, so as the team’s best run blocker it only makes sense to keep him there.

If they go out and add a guy like Robert Hunt in FA, then I think it would make sense to move AVT back to LG (or even RT). 

There are some good guard options specifically RG this free agency and I feel good enough about Carter Warren + draft pick to lock down RT.

If we cut Lake and could add 2 LTs at reasonable deals + RG we could possibly revamp this OL in a major way. Eventually LT will need to be figured out long-term but the same can be said about QB. Until then get guys who can play for a year or two.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm not a college guy, but didn't Becton's tape paint a similar picture?  Superb athlete raw technique?

Not really. Becton's technique wasn't that bad, his weight was the bigger concern (and it came to fruition). 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mekhi-becton/32004245-4381-4547-3cf4-9d445d134d9a

"Enormous frame complemented by surprisingly nimble feet and functional athleticism to handle either tackle spot. Becton's combination of movement and force should allow him to fit easily into all running schemes, but he needs to play with better patience in order to control and redirect all that mass into centered blocks in both run and pass. His technique and set-up are better than expected in pass pro, while his size and length allow him to recover and redirect both inside and outside rushes. With all really big prospects, weight and quickness will be concerns, but Becton's areas of concern are correctable or manageable if he's disciplined enough to prioritize them. He has the potential to be a good starter on either side, but the weight creates an obvious low-floor scenario."

• Upvote 1