Duke OL Graham Barton

AFJF

Some team is going to take this guy and probably move him to guard because of his arm length but I think that's a mistake.

I'd at least give him a shot at tackle before a move.

Plays with excellent power, balance and anticipation as he always looks ready to combat exactly what the guy across from him is going to do.

The type of guy I'd put in that Cooper Beebe territory of late round 1/early round 2.

Know some think he’ll move to center. Think he’s playing there at the Senior Bowl per reports.

Also see he’s said he tries to play like Bakhtiari which could be extra interesting pending what happens this offseason.

26 minutes ago, derp said:

Know some think he’ll move to center. Think he’s playing there at the Senior Bowl per reports.

Also see he’s said he tries to play like Bakhtiari which could be extra interesting pending what happens this offseason.

Such a smart player.  Just watched 3 of his games and the way he anticipates sets him apart IMO.

Makes sense to work a smart guy at center but I'd have no issue with him getting a look at OT too.

30 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Such a smart player.  Just watched 3 of his games and the way he anticipates sets him apart IMO.

Makes sense to work a smart guy at center but I'd have no issue with him getting a look at OT too.

Apparently played a few games at center as a freshman.

He’ll go in the right range for a team that just wants to improve on the OL.

If we actually move down, I'd prefer him to a guy like Latham I think.  Maybe even Mims since I'm not sure it's wise to take yet another OL with injury concerns.  Barton may not be an OT but at the very least he has a ton of versatility, which should be a valuable trait for a team that's always dealing with OL injuries.  

I think I'd still look to WR in the 1st if we move down, depending on who is there, but if some of the big names are gone I would 100% consider Barton.  

If I were running a team with OL issues this year, I would do everything in my power to acquire as many mid-1sts to mid-2nds and use them all on offensive lineman lol. This class has a lot of guys like Barton who should be solid if not spectacular players for a long time 

• Upvote 1

32 1/2 inch arms are a real limitation outside. There are guys who can get away with it, but you have to be a real technician to survive, and even then, it's more likely than not that you're going to struggle against long-armed edges. 

Might as well just skip the fuss and slot him inside.