Draft Interview | Olu Fashanu

2 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

There's a ton of other threads about this kid but check his interview out if you haven't.  Love the character.  Would have loved another play maker but I'm not disappointed with the pick.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/olu-fashanu-penn-state-jets-draft-interview

Quarterbacks He's Protected
Can it be a coincidence that Olu has wound up with outstanding quarterbacks and they with him? While at Gonzaga College HS for the 2018 and '19 seasons, Fashanu was the left tackle protecting Caleb Williams, Yes, Thursday's first overall pick of the NFL Draft by the Bears.

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Quarterbacks He's Protected
Can it be a coincidence that Olu has wound up with outstanding quarterbacks and they with him? While at Gonzaga College HS for the 2018 and '19 seasons, Fashanu was the left tackle protecting Caleb Williams, Yes, Thursday's first overall pick of the NFL Draft by the Bears.

The thing that stood out to me is that he said after his visit with the Jets he wanted to be here (that's number 1 in my book - if you dont like the team/environment/facilities what incentive is there to go to work every day?).  2nd thing was his response to him protecting AR.  His response was something along the lines of; I work hard but when you have a future hall of famer behind you, i'm going to work even harder.