Pick a QB in the 4th.

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My favorite thing is he has an unlicensed Howitzer attached to his shoulder.

With that said, Pratt is the right choice for our team, right now, in the 4th.

Milton III should be the backup plan in the 6th.

No to Rattler, too many comps to Zach Wilson.

Who’s comparing Rattler to Zach Wilson? One played in the cleanest pockets I’ve ever seen and the other played with a new OL every week and was constantly running for his life.

Also don’t see how much Pratt or any QB does for the team right now. Obviously can contribute in the QB room, but otherwise they’re got two veterans on the roster signed for two years - QB3 won’t be active unless there’s a disaster.

It’s more a question of whether you want high end starter upside with a chance of being out of the league soon or a safe bet to be your backup in 2026.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, derp said:

Who’s comparing Rattler to Zach Wilson? One played in the cleanest pockets I’ve ever seen and the other played with a new OL every week and was constantly running for his life.

Also don’t see how much Pratt or any QB does for the team right now. Obviously can contribute in the QB room, but otherwise they’re got two veterans on the roster signed for two years - QB3 won’t be active unless there’s a disaster.

It’s more a question of whether you want high end starter upside with a chance of being out of the league soon or a safe bet to be your backup in 2026.

I didn't make note of every scouting site or X post that made the comp., but at least one has been posted here on JN a few times.  If you think it's invalid....ok.  

Pratt (or any QB) does nothing for the team in 2024.  Nor would we want them to do so.  That's not why you pick one.

Rattler does not have (IMO) "high end starter upside".  If he did, he would have went in the 1st along with the other over-hyped QB prospects this year.  It's certainly fine if you like him, but I pass on him.

14 hours ago, David Harris said:

Its meant to be, check out the comp at the bottom 

4426339.png&h=192&w=192&scale=crop

6'0"211 lbsSouth Carolina
7POS RK
98OVR RK
71GRADE

dm_240416_NFL_Highlight_Spencer_Rattler_reel.jpgplay

0:53

Pre-Draft Analysis

Rattler was productive despite protection issues and the lack of a consistent ground game in his two seasons at South Carolina. He has the physical traits -- starting with his arm strength and quick release -- to develop into an NFL starter. He can drive the ball downfield and rip passes into tight windows. Rattler did not test well at the combine, but he has the quick feet to escape collapsing pockets and extend plays on tape. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's pro comp: Zach Wilson

Guy is still on the board or Pratt and Douglas traded the pick this why this team sucks. When both Rogers and Tyrod go down this team will be completely screwed don't even know if Rogers will play after this year need something as a future insurance. Don't know why your trading for a third next year when you could be gone after this year.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I didn't make note of every scouting site or X post that made the comp., but at least one has been posted here on JN a few times.  If you think it's invalid....ok.  

Pratt (or any QB) does nothing for the team in 2024.  Nor would we want them to do so.  That's not why you pick one.

Rattler does not have (IMO) "high end starter upside".  If he did, he would have went in the 1st along with the other over-hyped QB prospects this year.  It's certainly fine if you like him, but I pass on him.

Your words: “With that said, Pratt is the right choice for our team, right now, in the 4th.”

The high end upside wasn’t a reference to Rattler.