Survey Medley: Jets roster

Survey Medley: Jets 2024 roster  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Best 1 yr signing (when all is said and done)

2. 2. Worst 1 year signing

3. 3. Most underrated player

• Jermaine Johnson
    • Tony Adams
    • Ashtyn Davis
    • Joe Tippmann
    • Tyler Conklin
  4. 4. Who takes the biggest leap

5. 5. Pick which come true (can select multiple)

• Aaron Rodgers still has a LOT in the tank
    • Aaron Rodgers is a shell of himself (injury prone, performance)
    • Breece Hall leads the League in yards from scrimmage
    • Garrett Wilson has 10+ TDs
    • Will McDonald has 8 sacks
    • Robert Saleh suddenly looks like a good coach
    • Jets win Division
    • Same old Jets

My main takeaway when examining this roster and the rest of the AFC East:

Jets are in their best position to win this Division in 20 years.

Injuries are obviously a huge concern, as they are for any team.  Tua is a concussion away from possibly retiring and the Bills are a Josh Allen injury away from being a 4 win team.  

Bizarre list of players and questions.

That said, Tyron Smith is the fulcrum on this season. Keeping Rodgers blind side covered for 17+ games will determine how far we’ll go forward or backward. Breece will be Breece, GW will have a breakout season and the Jets will score an amount of points we haven’t seen since Fitzpatrick season….. IF Smith anchors LT for a full season. If he goes down the card castle begins to crumble. 

With the offense keeping the D well rested, and our competition needing to score more points, I expect 35-45 sacks, and 10-12 INT.

Unlike that unbelieving, disease ridden@Joe W. Namath, I expect a 15-2 season.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Bizarre list of players and questions.

That said, Tyron Smith is the fulcrum on this season. Keeping Rodgers blind side covered for 17+ games will determine how far we’ll go forward or backward. Breece will be Breece, GW will have a breakout season and the Jets will score an amount of points we haven’t seen since Fitzpatrick season….. IF Smith anchors LT for a full season. If he goes down the card castle begins to crumble. 

With the offense keeping the D well rested, and our competition needing to score more points, I expect 35-45 sacks, and 10-12 INT.

Unlike that unbelieving, disease ridden@Joe W. Namath, I expect a 15-2 season.

We had 48 sacks and 17 interceptions last year.

It seemed like your logic was implying we would do better..

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This is what I think many of you are not thinking about when survey results indicate that signing Tyron Smith was one of the best offseason moves.  Yes, he is an absolute stud when he is on the field.  "When" he is on the field!  

There are opinions from several NFL insiders that have openly said that they expect Smith to play around 12 games, 13 games if you are lucky.  If he plays 12 or 13 games, then the Jets have a win on their hands in picking up Tyron.  What happens if he is not able to play 12 or 13 games?  You won't feel that he was such a great signing, will you?  This is why I advocated hard for JD to draft a left tackle in this years' past draft.  Even if he is able to play 12 games, then we are fortunate to have Olu ready to step in.  

This is why his $20M salary this year is loaded up with incentives for his ability to stay on the field.  

Tyron's health will dictate how good this signing was.  I hope he plays in all 17, gets his $20M, and plays great for us in the playoffs.  That would make every Jets fan very happy!

• Upvote 1