Allen Lazard Opportunity

49 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Lazard was objectively awful last year.  Slow as molasses.  The worst set of hands I've seen on a WR since Justin McCareins.

Lazard reminded me a lot of old "stone hands" Anthony Becht.

McDropkins would be a close 2nd.

• Haha 1

An "Allen Lazard Opportunity" sounds like a phrase for when you think you're getting something decent or undervalued but it turns out to be a bad decision... Like, "Yeah, I saw a nice used car for sale for an OK price, but when I checked the Carfax, it had been damaged in a flood.... it was a real Allen Lazard Opportunity". 

Or maybe, "I can't believe I bought that property... it seemed PERFECT for development, but then we found burrowing Owls on it and we can't build anything. It was a real Allen Lazard Opportunity and now I can't even sell it".

• Haha 2

On 7/10/2024 at 10:12 AM, Bobby816 said:

Listen I'm the 1st to say he was crap last year. Rodgers went down and he seemed to not care.

BUT..... Rodgers is back and MW will be out for TC. So likely Lazard will be getting starting reps all TC. Which being he already has a relationship with Rodgers... likely makes him look good.

I think a healthy MW still starts over him. But being that MW will have no reps with Rodgers and such. I could see there being some time for him to work in. Which gives Lazard an opportunity to prove himself to this staff.

My point being that Lazard I could see start week 1 if MW isn't 100%. That given he will be getting those TC reps. He will be familiar with everyone. So I don't see us rushing MW back while Lazard is getting those reps.

He really didn’t pass the eye ball test last year. Hes really not a good receiver in general. He is more of a system fit, good at blocking, knows how Rodgers plays, can catch some check downs and quick passes that are off script, and make the occasional big play when the defensive is focusing on more talented players in the offense. Hes an overpaid role player that isn’t talented enough to see starting reps. if he’s starting and getting a large snap share, I’d hope we’re running the ball a ton and allowing him to play to his strength, which is blocking dbs.

• Upvote 2