Jets Official 53 Man Roster

16 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

A bit surprised they're going with 4 RBs (Izzy).

A bit surprised they're going with only 2 TEs (granted Yeboah on IR).

A bit surprised Newman & Schweitzer are only IOL depth.

A bit surprised they're going with 5 LBs (Surratt).

Agree. This can't be the final 53 heading into Monday night at SF.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Do the Jets drop Charles and pick up Hardee?

Will the combination of Ruckert/Allen be the FB for this team this year?

Does a Brownlee get dropped for Reddick or do they drop a DL? 

I think the Jets kept the UDFA DL because they feared that they would be claimed on waivers.

If Reddick comes back, it will be easier to stash DL on the PS.  I think they could also stash Brownlee on the PS.  

16 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

A bit surprised they're going with 4 RBs (Izzy). I think for now that is covered by only 2 TEs.

A bit surprised they're going with only 2 TEs (granted Yeboah on IR). See above.  There will be three TEs on the roster by mid-season.

A bit surprised Newman & Schweitzer are only IOL depth.  They are planning on having a few on the PS, who can called up if needed.  

A bit surprised they're going with 5 LBs (Surratt). So am I.   With the extra DL I am trying to figure out what they gave up for that.  They do need players because Mosley will not be on the team next year.  AR8's bill is due. 

see above

I'm honestly only surprised that 1. Izzy made the team. And 2. Jalyn Holmes did not. 

I'm crazy enough that I would have cut Izzy and kept Holmes carrying 11 D-linemen. Then if/when Reddick comes back I would have released Watts and tried to put him on PS.  

4 weeks later, I would have decided on Fotu. Maybe at that point we would have realized we don't need Fotu. Let's say LT III or one of the other guys or the D-line as a unit is doing a phenomenal job stuffing the run?