Best place for taxi pickup post-game?

There is an Uber lot, but it is chaotic.  Long waits for Uber, you are channeled to a waiting area and cannot proceed to the driver area until you have confirmation that your driver has arrived.  I tried to use Uber after a game last year to for about a 2 mile drive to my hotel across from the Stadium. 

After 3 or 4 driver cancellations likely due to the short trip, I got pissed off and decided to walk.  A lovely casual stroll in the rain along the service road to Rt 3 in the rain.  A NJ police officer tried to discourage me from walking.  I ignored his advice and continued, staying on service road  -- it was not one of my brighter ideas.  If I do it again, I would probably head over to the American Dream and have a beer in a bar while watching late games and look to grab an Uber when traffic around the stadium quiets down.

In my case, the short trip created the problem -- probably would not have been an issue if I was going a reasonable distance.

On 9/26/2024 at 10:14 PM, Dcronin said:

Not sure I understand why the cop was discouraging you from walking…

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Walking along the service road for Rte 3.  Heavy traffic. No Sidewalk.  It was not a very safe place to walk.  It was not the wisest of decisions that I have ever made.