So if Hackett is AR8 preferred coordinator and they love each other, why is this not working?

25 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I don't agree with everything you posted but 100% agree with the above.  We're seeing it on the field.  Rodgers is expecting the receivers to understand the 4D chess he's trying to play.  "If I scratch my nuts before pointing at Hall, and if the CB lines up in press, break off your route in 10 yards and I'll throw you a back shoulder jump ball."  Lazard understands it but can't catch, and everyone else is seems lost.  Meanwhile Shanahan takes guys off the street, schemes them open, and turns a so-so QB into a Pro Bowler...

This is why you need Davante to help try and make this work. There is no time left. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kalcott said:

Has Rodgers just aged out or is Hackett truly that inept where even Aaron can't help this offense?

Hackett was not preferred. He never even called plays for Rodgers. He just likes the guy and is friends with him.

I drive a car but I don't know how it works or can tell people how to build it 

Does that analogy work?  Not sure but Hackett sucks, that's the point

24 minutes ago, Frankie Green said:

This is why you need Davante to help try and make this work. There is no time left. 

May as well bring in Bakhtiari as well since the OL has no idea what they are doing either...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

The blocking. Basic football 

Olu Fashanu: 9 pressures, 2 hits
Tyron Smith: 9 pressures, 3 sacks, 1 hit
John Simpson: 5 pressures, 3 hits
Joe Tippmann: 5 pressures, 1 sack, 1 hit
AVT: 3 pressures, 1 sack, 2 hits

This is literally our biggest on-field problem.  If our OL can play a good game we'll likely look like a much better offense.  We have no running game whatsoever (again due to the OL) which has forced AR8 to throw 96 times these past 2 weeks. 

That said, Saleh is an incompetent cheerleader clown, who needs to be fired yesterday.  

#TheNothingPartOfFootball

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we can get him on the cheap (and for a 1 year deal) then this is probably worth a shot.

A lot of "Rodgers is washed" talk but not nearly enough "Tyron Smith is washed" talk.  JMO...

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

A lot of "Rodgers is washed" talk but not nearly enough "Tyron Smith is washed" talk.  JMO...

Agreed.  It's odd that we haven't heard that.  I'm no OL expert but clearly the OL has been a mess so far.  There's way too much criticism about Breece right now, as if he forgot how to run the football.  Give the guy a hole to run through and I'm confident he'll still be great.  It does bother me that this CS doesn't try to get him more involved in the passing game though.  If he can't run the ball, why not throw him some screens and try to get him out in the open field?!  

• Upvote 1