LTC Ronald Spiers' Famous Quote Sums Up The Best Way To Cope As A Jets Fan

undefined

LTC Ronald Spiers (RET) of Easy Company, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne fame:  "The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it."

If that doesn't sum up being a Jets fan I don't know what does. I stopped being emotionally invested in this team after the 2010 AFC Championship debacle of no-showing in the first half.  Just a much easier coping mechanism to not care at this point in my life. Been a Jets fan for 40+ years ....it's the only way to maintain any degree of sports sanity. I wish for the best but I've accepted the fact that having just turned 50, I will hopefully by the will of god go another 30 years ..... all while knowing I will never see this team in a Super Bowl. I'm okay with that because at the end of the day, life is too short and too fragile to care about this sh*tbox franchise and its assclown owner. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

undefined

LTC Ronald Spiers (RET) of Easy Company, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne fame:  "The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it."

If that doesn't sum up being a Jets fan I don't know what does. I stopped being emotionally invested in this team after the 2010 AFC Championship debacle of no-showing in the first half.  Just a much easier coping mechanism to not care at this point in my life. Been a Jets fan for 40+ years ....it's the only way to maintain any degree of sports sanity. I wish for the best but I've accepted the fact that having just turned 50, I will hopefully by the will of god go another 30 years ..... all while knowing I will never see this team in a Super Bowl. I'm okay with that because at the end of the day, life is too short and too fragile to care about this sh*tbox franchise and its assclown owner. 

As mistake prone as the Jets are if they were soldiers they would be killed immediately.