The Joe Douglas Era is (speculatively) over

This is my version of this saga:

JD started after the 2019 draft.  He paid Kalil $9mm to not play C. 

JD’s first Covid draft using Woody’s scouts and Gase’s requests was a disaster.   Becton and Mims. 

JD favorably scouted Zach Wilson.  He hired Saleh.  Woody decided to jettison Darnold and try with Wilson.  Drafted Elijah Moore.  Woody insisted on playing Wilson right away. 

JD scouted his brains out in 2022.  He knew he was drafting for his job.    He bought himself more time, but not ran extension.  

Woody then decided to take the wheel, fire MLF, hire Hackett and trade for Rodgers.    It is not looking smart now.  

The only hope for the Jets is if Woody has a Dolan moment and gives up day to day involvement.  Don’t know if that happens. 

What has he done to show you “lessons learned”?
It couldn’t be this April’s draft, because the two guys we took in the top 100 can’t get on the field.
It couldn’t be the Reddick trade. It couldn’t be the Tyrod Smith signing. Mike Williams? Javon Kinlaw?
Can you show me where you see any evidence of all this valuable experience you claim Douglas has gained that we’d be losing?

That would be all the NFL analyst that said there’s been a great team put together the owner saying it’s the best team he ever had .
Now has he learned anything about the coaching I don’t know .
That might be on Woody wanting Mr. nice guys
  • Haha 1