What a terrible move.

Kerry Rhodes

derek Hagen couldn't catch the avian bird flu in cambodia - he's horrible

you know what we don't know necessarily why the Jets picked who they did in the 3rd round - but in light of the guys they took in the rounds proceeding them i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now

Move back 5 slots for a f-ing 7th rounder.

Get taken hard and in those 5 Slots Calhoun, Gocong, and Pope go.

Then you reach on Schelgal.

What a terrible move, the Jets clearly got screwed on this one banking on Philly taking a WR.

I think they got too cute and got burned ... and the proceeding picks made it seem like the waxing they took on that trade left them in a daze for the rest of the nite, dazed and confused

It's almost like they took a couple of Derek Pagel types in RD 3 ... over-acceiver, substitute, depth, special teams, backup types ... and that's way to high to be drafting those types of players on day one

They started day one with a flurry, I love the first three picks, but ended it with a thud

OBTW, WHY-TF are we drafting another safety?????

How many safeties do we need, a hundred?

I mean, do we have to draft one or two safeties every year, no matter what?

derek Hagen couldn't catch the avian bird flu in cambodia - he's horrible

you know what we don't know necessarily why the Jets picked who they did in the 3rd round - but in light of the guys they took in the rounds proceeding them i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now

my thoughts on those 2 picks,,

schegel is a ILB for a 3-4 and also a Air Force guy who transfered, VERY smart dude,, he will be the defensive play caller on the field, I heard Vilma struggled somewhat there,,

the Mich State Safety is a run support type of player who will help vs the run,,,also a special teams nutjob,,,

my thoughts on those 2 picks,,

schegel is a ILB for a 3-4 and also a Air Force guy who transfered, VERY smart dude,, he will be the defensive play caller on the field, I heard Vilma struggled somewhat there,,

the Mich State Safety is a run support type of player who will help vs the run,,,also a special teams nutjob,,,

That's fine, but this team has a ton of wholes to fill, sort of rebuilding, and in transition from the 43 to the 34, so why are we going for special teams types as early as day one?

Isn't that something you maybe do late on day two, especially when you need cats who have a starting upside for a team in transition?

I'll admit Shengel has a shot as a 34 ILB ... he has a chance to surprise ... but IMO that safety pick was a throw away pick ... we have a hundred safeties as is ... so why are we taking another slow white safety who is destined for special teams and backup duties, on day one?!?!

Archived