Espn

Hawaii Fan

What's wrong with ESPN? It's like the station had some form of attention deficit. The first round is great, with different opinions and analysis. The second round starts, and now they're all over the place with misplaced features or overlong (is that a word?) commentary. ESPN totally misses what should have been the Jets' second-round pick, then botches the explanation of the trade. It was a pretty freaky moment when the graphic on "next" changes from "NYJ" to "Wash" during the Tagliabue interview. ESPN should have used the features during the dead periods of the first round, then focused on the actual draft selections for rounds 2-7. Then, if needed, it could have had a two-hour, post-draft show. I felt sorry for Mel Kiper Jr. He spends 364 days in a basement studying, and then his role is diminished after round 1.

To pay Kiper a small fortune to have all that clutter is dumb. They had a group of active players with one guy, and then another group of ESPN guys like Jaws, Hoge and Schelerth (whicha ctaully was okay and helpful with the film Jaws showed) and then the remotes .And after all that and only then then Kiper had to split time with Drug Addict Irvin.

What made ESPN successful in their coverage was Kiper, love him or hate him, giving an opinion.You reacted to it. Instead, they've larded it up with filler. They already had the meat,and they still do, but you don't get it any more but in small doses. I don't need to hear Irvin, coachspeak with Herm Edwards or give a flick about what Tory Holt or Trent Green thinks.

To pay Kiper a small fortune to have all that clutter is dumb. They had a group of active players with one guy, and then another group of ESPN guys like Jaws, Hoge and Schelerth (whicha ctaully was okay and helpful with the film Jaws showed) and then the remotes .And after all that and only then then Kiper had to split time with Drug Addict Irvin.

What made ESPN successful in their coverage was Kiper, love him or hate him, giving an opinion.You reacted to it. Instead, they've larded it up with filler. They already had the meat,and they still do, but you don't get it any more but in small doses. I don't need to hear Irvin, coachspeak with Herm Edwards or give a flick about what Tory Holt or Trent Green thinks.

Bugg, you really hit the nail on the head. Love him or Hate him Kiper made the draft show for ESPN. I do not care what drug addict Irvin thinks about the draft or his relationship with TO, Torry Holt, Trent Green, or Shawn Merriman for that matter. I just want to see Kiper blasting and praising picks. It is almost like they told him to cool it down (Kiper). Then William Henderson is on there and blasts Kiper for his past evaluation of Packers drafts. Like I care what William Henderson thinks. He will be lucky to get a job pumping gass when his subpar NFL career as a FB is over. If there is a way to ruin a great show ESPN will surely do it.

Berman letting the world know who the pick was before Tags was awful.

Oh man I can not believe I forgot about that. STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to hear it announced by the commish - not by you Berman!

There were periods during that ESPN draft show that one would

swear Irvin was on something.

I got the impression that Mort and Kiper would have liked to pick

up a chair and beat him to a pulp.

I got that feeling too. There were a couple tims they cut him off almost afraid of what he was going to say.

I stopped hoping that ESPN would contribute anything meaningful to the NFL years ago. They're all about glitz, with no content. How can you cover a single event such as the the NFL Draft, and completely dismiss trades between teams past the first round?

This board gave me more up to date info than ESPN did!

I agree that they did a crappy job this year. It seemed that once the second round hit, they went completely away from the draft and focused on interviews and opinions of teams first round selections. To overdo that crap while teams were making their second round selections sucked IMO. They made it too hard to keep up and be informed of what was going on. We don't need to heard every ESPN employee's opinions on the draft. Leave that for Kiper and the so-called experts.

Archived