Rookie signings...if already posted...sorry about that

NIGHT STALKER

Looks like someone is loading up on players that fit the 34 defense.Looks like the HC and GM are difinately on the same page.I wanna see some wins,and I will be 1 happy Jet fan.I'm not into looking good while losing.

Thank for the nice words....BTY, we got uconfirmed (but previously reliable) info that former Ivy League superstar running back/fullback Nick Hartigan, who ran a 4.53 40 at his Pro Day and smashed all kinds of Ivy League records, will be trying out for the Jets this week.

Going into the draft, the Washington Post reported Hartigan had a chance to be drafted. We thought he he had a shot, too....:banned:

Well, he didn't get drafted, but he'll get a look....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/24/AR2006042401613.html

Thank for the nice words....BTY, we got uconfirmed (but previously reliable) info that former Ivy League superstar running back/fullback Nick Hartigan, who ran a 4.53 40 at his Pro Day and smashed all kinds of Ivy League records, will be trying out for the Jets this week.

Going into the draft, the Washington Post reported Hartigan had a chance to be drafted. We thought he he had a shot, too....:banned:

Well, he didn't get drafted, but he'll get a look....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/24/AR2006042401613.html

R44 Would he be projected as a fullback is the Jets signed him?

Faba, that seems to be the most likely scenario...

I saw Hartigan play at least twice last season (YES Network) and he's a real impressive back.....He seemed fast on TV, and he confirmed that running a 4.53 40 at Pro Day.

But you know how this works, a player like Hartigan is gonna get pushed to fullback, for several reasons he can't control anymore -- including the fact he played in the Ivies.

If he does try-out as a fullback only, he'll have a rough road, as NFL teams don't exactly love taller blocking fullbacks (he's 6' 2").

Nonetheless, talent wise, he should impress enough to get a free agent contract. We'll see.

They all have "potential" and should be future Pro Bowlers, just like all the Jets players.

I realize your just kidding Tex. But, objectively speaking, this is not a strong group of free agents for the Jets. I think, that has a lot to do with the fact that the Jets had a few extra draft picks, so that probably scared some better free agents away.

A team like Washington, who's owner trades away picks readily, is an example of a team that can just pick and choose the best UFA's -- because most of the better free agents see an opening to make the bottom of the roster.

BTY, I think the Patriots did a very good job with the UFA's....Watchout for Brian Barthmeles....I kept getting E-Mails from a man named Lee that claimed Brian was his son (99.99% sure it was his son).....Upon closer inspection, it seems the Patriots have plans for him -- fits their mold -- tough, smart and can play OG or OC....

Also, keep an eye on speedy WR Matt Shelton from ND....He average 26 yards per receptions in 2004 and Charlie Weis already taught him the patriots system. The biggest knock on Shelton is he's like 176 pounds soaking wet, and may not be able to take the punishment in the NFL..He sort of reminds me of Ronnie Harris, who played for the Patriots in the mid 1990's.

Archived