Advice needed

Matt39

Ok, my team was horrendous last season. Im in a league, 10 guys, 2 keepers for next season.

My one definite keeper is Ronnie Brown. Now out of the next 3 guys I have Chris Chambers, Plaxico Buress and Julius Jones. Chris Cooley if you want to count him too.

But my question is, who would you keep out of those 3 guys? Remember only 1 guy because Browns a definite.

Also, I have the first pick in the draft, and the two best available players will be Steve Smith and Lamont Jordan(remember him?) WHo would you pick?

Thanks guys.

Ok, my team was horrendous last season. Im in a league, 10 guys, 2 keepers for next season.

My one definite keeper is Ronnie Brown. Now out of the next 3 guys I have Chris Chambers, Plaxico Buress and Julius Jones. Chris Cooley if you want to count him too.

But my question is, who would you keep out of those 3 guys? Remember only 1 guy because Browns a definite.

Also, I have the first pick in the draft, and the two best available players will be Steve Smith and Lamont Jordan(remember him?) WHo would you pick?

Thanks guys.

First question is a tough one. Second question is a no-brainer.

1. Chambers, Burress or Jones? Forget about Cooley, he's one of those guys who is a much better player in real life than a fantasy player. Burress is a good 2nd or 3rd receiver on a fantasy team. I would love Julius Jones if he didn't have to split carries with Marion Barber. The guy you probably should keep is Chris Chambers.

Chambers has a world or talent, unfortunately he's never had a quarterback. He's been stuck with scrubs like Frerotte, Fiedler, Rosenfels and Griese. By week 5 or 6 next year he should be getting Culpeper who has a cannon and can throw him the deep bomb. This should be a breakout season for him once Culpeper comes back.

2. Steve Smith is the man. He was the best fantasy wr last year and there is no reason to think he can't do it again next year. As a matter of fact, I would draft Smith over Randy Moss and TO.

What I don't understand is how can anyone recommend anything without knowing the scoring system? In PPR leagues, Jordan's value goes up... he makes a lot of catches for an RB. Smith is the best FF WR in any scoring system. When you do keep a player, that's it, everyone keeps two, and the draft starts? A lot of keeper leagues make you give up the round you drafted your keeper in the previous year.

I a ten team league, RB's ar enot as hard to get as in larger leagues, but they are still the backbone of your team. Without all the info.... keep Brown and Jordan, take Smith.

What I don't understand is how can anyone recommend anything without knowing the scoring system? In PPR leagues, Jordan's value goes up... he makes a lot of catches for an RB. Smith is the best FF WR in any scoring system. When you do keep a player, that's it, everyone keeps two, and the draft starts? A lot of keeper leagues make you give up the round you drafted your keeper in the previous year.

I a ten team league, RB's ar enot as hard to get as in larger leagues, but they are still the backbone of your team. Without all the info.... keep Brown and Jordan, take Smith.

Bird, I dont own Jordan though. In the draft, I have to choose between Smith and Jordan.

In about 95% of fantasy leagues Steve Smith is better than Lamont Jordan. There may be some obscure-scoring leagues where Cedric Houston is better than Peyton Manning but most leagues have similar scoring systems.

don't pic a WR with the #1 pick of fantasy. get larry johnson. even though herm will rape that team over the next few years, he's going to get a bazillion carries in '06 and it's highly unlikely priest holmes takes many of them (5-7 carries a game at MOST). i also love edge this year. all that talent at wideout, no one can stack the box against AZ this year.

edit: just read it's a keeper league, lamont v. steve smith is tougher. edge goes to steve smith, meshawn is going to be steve's best friend this year.

• 2 weeks later...
don't pic a WR with the #1 pick of fantasy. get larry johnson. even though herm will rape that team over the next few years, he's going to get a bazillion carries in '06 and it's highly unlikely priest holmes takes many of them (5-7 carries a game at MOST). i also love edge this year. all that talent at wideout, no one can stack the box against AZ this year.

edit: just read it's a keeper league, lamont v. steve smith is tougher. edge goes to steve smith, meshawn is going to be steve's best friend this year.

in a keeper league... LJ is prob not available, if he is , sign me up for that league. In Keeper leagues, the #1 pick is usually a #2nd rounder in normal drafts

in a keeper league... LJ is prob not available, if he is , sign me up for that league. In Keeper leagues, the #1 pick is usually a #2nd rounder in normal drafts

exactly that's why i edited to say go steve smith. while i'm normally a fan of RB's being your top pick(s), lamont is going to be facing 8 in the box every play next year. cutting kerry collins was a moronic move, in my opinion. now if oakland makes a surprise grab for mcnair, all is forgiven.

Archived