Peter Boulware, Chad Brown and Jamie Sharper

YJF

It's very possible that The Jets add a veteran presence for their 3-4 in the next few weeks before training camp starts or during. The possibility is mentioned at newyorkjets.com and Coach Mangini mentioned the possibility of still adding from the outside if The Jets need to.

The Jets have plenty of inside linebackers. They could use a veteran presence at OLB. Someone who has 3-4 experience and can be a part time pass rusher.

The two veterans that stand out to me are Peter Boulware and Chad Brown. They are both out there right now on the market. Both have 3-4 experience, Both are good veteran character guys and both have been proven pass rushers off the edge in the past. They would strictly be one year stop gaps.

Sort of like Bryan Cox was for New England a few years ago. Jamie Sharper is also out there and has inside and outside experience in The 3-4. He could be a possibility as well.

I don't know if I would say that he "played" for Mangini. He was with the team however.

Yeah...every time the PATS were on, I remember thinking or saying, "Where's Chad Brown? Is he playing? I thought that was a great off season pick up. I guess he's lost a step."

I don't know if he has lost that much, but I was surprised that he wasn't on the field that much.

No disrespect here but these guys are toast, done, burnt to a crisp. Move on, don't waste precious time here.

No disrespect taken.

Eric Mangini and Mike Tannenbaum already went on record the last two weeks that they may look outside the team to fill roles with veteran players that are still on the market.

I fully expect The Jets to sign a veteran role player. The question is at what position. Sometimes camp injuries force you into the market or players not performing well in camp force you into the market.

The Jets have a few young OLB's who have never played in The 3-4 as edge rushers like Bryan Thomas, Trevor Johnson, Darrell McClover and Jamar Enzor. The Jets could use a veteran edge rusher in the scheme and Boulware and Brown seem to fit that bill as role players who can play 10 to 20 snaps a game. Right after I posted this thread, On newyorkjets.com, I see Peter Boulware's name mentioned as a possibility for The Jets.

I am not just fishing here or going out on a limb. It's a real possibility.

i'd like to see BOULWARE..but im thinking CHAD BROWN cause he played for MANGINI ...

Both have 3-4 and 4-3 experience. Peter is 31 years old. Chad Brown is 35. If The Jets don't feel comfortable with their edge rushers. I see these guys as possibilities.

Eric Mangini uses a deep rotation system at linebacker. He could keep as many as 10 or 11 linebackers on the roster in 2006. The Jets seem to be overstocked at ILB with Vilma, Barton, Kassell, Chatham, Schlegel, Hobson etc

They could use a veteran with experience in the scheme. Boulware's health and desire are key factors. If The Jets are to even consider him and I bet you good money, He's on their short list. All teams have a list of available free agents with their agents number next to them. If they feel the need. They make the call.

Get used to the role player and veteran stop gap players. Over the course of the next few years, You'll see The Jets regime pursue those types of players alot.

I got the feeling that Mangini was going to give Chatham a legit shot to start at OLB.

Ability, age, and contract demands are all factors. What are the ages of Brown, Boulware and Sharper?

Boulware=31

brown=35

sharper=32

Archived