New stadium - 25 million naming rights

faba

I'm at like 2530... I've only been on for like 4 years or so too. I think the length of our waiting list is overrated!

Well, I signed up in 95 or 96 (I forget the exact year) and I was over 10,000 on the list. It's now 10 years later, so back then, our waiting list was pretty big. I agree that it shrunk considerably since the $50 fee was added.

I remember almost missing it last year. I had meant to mail it out, but I'm not sure why, but it never made it out. I got a letter in the mail confirming I was "off" the list and I freaked out. When I called them up, they said if they received my payment by that Friday (this was late on a Wednesday night that I called them) then my spot would be retained. I called out of work the next day to make sure everything got taken care of and I'm still on the list :)

Scared the hell out of me...being on for that long and possibly losing my spot was very nerve-racking.

Well, I signed up in 95 or 96 (I forget the exact year) and I was over 10,000 on the list. It's now 10 years later, so back then, our waiting list was pretty big. I agree that it shrunk considerably since the $50 fee was added.

I remember almost missing it last year. I had meant to mail it out, but I'm not sure why, but it never made it out. I got a letter in the mail confirming I was "off" the list and I freaked out. When I called them up, they said if they received my payment by that Friday (this was late on a Wednesday night that I called them) then my spot would be retained. I called out of work the next day to make sure everything got taken care of and I'm still on the list :)

Scared the hell out of me...being on for that long and possibly losing my spot was very nerve-racking.

Yeah that happened to me to lol... i'm not sure just how serious they are though, as long as they get your money.

It also happened to my Dad last year with SEASON TICKETS.... he had to drive to headquarters with cash haha

<H1 class=red>Giants-Jets: Stadium's name might fetch $25M

</H1>

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 BY MATTHEW FUTTERMAN

Star-Ledger Staff

The Giants and Jets will seek a deal worth as much as $25 million a year for the naming rights on their new shared stadium in the Meadowlands, according to two industry executives with direct knowledge of the financial plans for the facility.

Such a deal would be the largest stadium sponsorship in the world and serve as a major step forward in financing what is expected to be a $1 billion project.

xReliant Stadium in Houston is the current standard-bearer in the U.S. market with a $10 million-a-year naming rights deal. In Europe, Emirates Airlines is paying $12 million a year to put its name on a soccer stadium in London.

Industry experts said yesterday that the Giants and Jets were right to assume their building would produce the most valuable naming rights deal ever.

"If there is a market at that level then it would have to be at this stadium because of the uniqueness of the facility," said Frank Vuono, principal at 16W Marketing in Lyndhurst, which made a pitch to the football teams to sell the naming rights but lost. "You're talking about two NFL teams in the same facility in the biggest market in the country."

Alice McGillion, a spokesman for the Giants and Jets stadium venture, denied the teams had pegged the potential value of the naming rights deal.

"We're just starting the process of selecting a naming rights partner, and we have never publicly stated what we think the value of those rights are," she said. "Anybody who is talking about the figure is speaking in ignorance."

Last week the football teams selected Los Angeles-based Wasserman Media to handle the naming rights deal. Jeff Knapple, president of Wasserman Media's marketing division, has played a key role in the naming rights deals for Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The football teams can also sell the naming rights to the entire Meadowlands sports complex, though it is too early to tell whether those naming rights would be included in a deal to put a corporate name on the stadium.

Hearings on the proposed stadium have been scheduled for next month. The teams want to break ground on the stadium next spring and complete the project for the 2010 season.

How about the Halliburton/KBR Wardome? Those guys make $25 million every 5 minutes.

You must be going to the matinee. Took the wife the other day and it was $9.50 each. :eek: I think at the prices they're charging nowadays and I'll go to see a movie at the theater only if it's at an IMAX.

It was $7 an HOUR... (movies are usually about 1.5 hours).

BZ

Archived