The Pats Run

Maxman

Hey, i was just trying to stay with the spirit of the thread. Besides, youre wrong and i am right. Belly fears Big Ben. lol

See, the problem here is you have Pats fans and Steeler fans posting on a Jets message board.

The Jet fans have absolutely no idea what we are talking about when we discuss Super Bowl victories.

And BTW Stiller, if you think BB fears Big Ben, you are as delusional as these Jets fans.;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See, the problem here is you have Pats fans and Steeler fans posting on a Jets message board.

The Jet fans have absolutely no idea what we are talking about when we discuss Super Bowl victories.

And BTW Stiller, if you think BB fears Big Ben, you are as delusional as these Jets fans.;)

Plus, we all know...Big Ben wanted no part of the Patriots come playoff time? He was glad we mailed in the last game so he could avoid us.

This is what i'm responding to, TX. Since one of your fellow Patsy fans thinks that your team mailed it in, a thought shared by many Steelers fans BTW, how does that translate to Big Ben fearing Bellichick? If anything, it would suggest that belly didn't wanna face Ben in the playoffs. The Pats are the ones who had control over the situation. And being the powerhouse that they supposedly are, and Belly having such a supposed mental advantage over Ben, one would think that they would have buckled down against Miami and taken care of things so that your coach could get another shot at Ben, right? ;)

This is what i'm responding to, TX. Since one of your fellow Patsy fans thinks that your team mailed it in, a thought shared by many Steelers fans BTW, how does that translate to Big Ben fearing Bellichick? If anything, it would suggest that belly didn't wanna face Ben in the playoffs. The Pats are the ones who had control over the situation. And being the powerhouse that they supposedly are, and Belly having such a supposed mental advantage over Ben, one would think that they would have buckled down against Miami and taken care of things so that your coach could get another shot at Ben, right? ;)

Seriously. The best move for the Patriots was to rest a majority of their starters for the game or a majority of it. It is not because the Patriots feared the Steelers and inparticuar Big Ben.

Resting the starters was in their best interest no matter who they played. Resting them and losing did give the Patriots the benefit of playing the path of least resistance. The inexperienced Jaguars, a soft QB in Denver and a most likely rendezevous with Indy or Pittsburgh. Of course, the Patriots dropped the ball, literally, and the plan fell apart in Denver.

Facing the Steelers would have been a war. We are the two toughest teams in the AFC, maybe the NFL. Neither team would be served by beating the crap out of each other only to get ready for a track meet 7 days later.

Come on Stiller, you are smarter than that.

Any team in the Pats situation last year would have rested their starters for the playoffs.

If you think the Pats tanked that game on purpose to avoid the Steelers, you are more delusional than Jet fans.:eek:

Come on Stiller, you are smarter than that.

Any team in the Pats situation last year would have rested their starters for the playoffs.

If you think the Pats tanked that game on purpose to avoid the Steelers, you are more delusional than Jet fans.:eek:

Trust me i know what it's like to have starters rested the last week. Cowher's done it forever. IMO, it takes a bit of the teams edge away come playoff time. You guys may have finally got to witness what thats like last season. I'm not a fan of that stuff at all. That may even somewhat explain the Colts playoff failures as well.

Archived