The Pats Run

Maxman

Umm, i hate to rain on your parade but it is common known fact in SteelerNation that the Pats run won't officially be over until their next trip to the AFCC against the Steelers. Once there, they will get soundly thrashed, thoroughly humiliated and put their tails between their legs and head back to Mass. on the business end of a (Ok, maybe not exact but somewhere in the 'hood) 44-10 a$$whooping at the hands of my beloved Steelers. Oh yea, sweet revenge is ours, Jet fans. You guys can pick their bones clean after we get finished with em'. :cheers:

Do you mean like the 2004 Championship game?:eek:

Or was it like last year during the regular season (which doesn't mean much ,unless you are a Jet fan)

The Pats own the Steelers.:cheers:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tx,

Will the Pats win the Super Bowl this year? I anxiously await your answer.

Come on Max, you know I would never make that delusional prediction.

Go back to steps 1, 2, and 3.

Pats will easily win their 4th consectutive AFCE title because of no competition whatsoever.

Do you mean like the 2004 Championship game?:eek:

Or was it like last year during the regular season (which doesn't mean much ,unless you are a Jet fan)

The Pats own the Steelers.:cheers:

I aimed for POTW and this is what i get?

Tx, just remember what comes around goes around and it's your turn for the around thing..........if that makes sense. ;)

Come on Max, you know I would never make that delusional prediction.

Go back to steps 1, 2, and 3.

Pats will easily win their 4th consectutive AFCE title because of no competition whatsoever.

Gotcha. Someone should tell the Steelers that wild card teams don't fair well in the playoffs. They missed the memo.

Can you email me a pic of that shirt though? Pats Division Champs. Man that must feel nice.

The season was a failure for the Jets. It was a failure for the Pats. Neither team won it all. Case closed.

Gotcha. Someone should tell the Steelers that wild card teams don't fair well in the playoffs. They missed the memo.

Can you email me a pic of that shirt though? Pats Division Champs. Man that must feel nice.

The season was a failure for the Jets. It was a failure for the Pats. Neither team won it all. Case closed.

True.

If you ever get the pleasure in experiencing your team win a Superbowl, winning division titles means little. However, winning a division title is a means to and end. Seeing there have now been three (?) wildcard teams in the Superbowl. It makes sense to want to win the division.

Plus, we all know...Big Ben wanted no part of the Patriots come playoff time? He was glad we mailed in the last game so he could avoid us. I am sure Mr. Rooney, Cowher and Big Ben co-signed a thank you letter to Kraft and Belichick stating the same.

Umm, i hate to rain on your parade but it is common known fact in SteelerNation that the Pats run won't officially be over until their next trip to the AFCC against the Steelers. Once there, they will get soundly thrashed, thoroughly humiliated and put their tails between their legs and head back to Mass.

You mean like the AFC Championship games in 2001 and 2004?

The Pats OWN the Steelers, especially in Pittsburgh.;)

True.

If you ever get the pleasure in experiencing your team win a Superbowl, winning division titles means little. However, winning a division title is a means to and end. Seeing there have now been three (?) wildcard teams in the Superbowl. It makes sense to want to win the division.

Plus, we all know...Big Ben wanted no part of the Patriots come playoff time? He was glad we mailed in the last game so he could avoid us. I am sure Mr. Rooney, Cowher and Big Ben co-signed a thank you letter to Kraft and Belichick stating the same.

You guys blast Jet fans for being homers. Reread that post. That Steelers team was fearless. They thanked the Pats for losing? Cmon. They would have rather played the Pats. Everyone can see this but you.

It is over guys. Your team is still good. They can still win the division possibly. But there will be no more Championships for Mumbles. The magic is gone.

Deal with it.

You guys blast Jet fans for being homers. Reread that post. That Steelers team was fearless. They thanked the Pats for losing? Cmon. They would have rather played the Pats. Everyone can see this but you.

It is over guys. Your team is still good. They can still win the division possibly. But there will be no more Championships for Mumbles. The magic is gone.

Deal with it.

I just love how a fan of a team that hasn't won jack-squat in 37 years (and still counting) is such an expert of knowing that the dynasty team of the 2000's will not win another championship.

I just love how a fan of a team that hasn't won jack-squat in 37 years (and still counting) is such an expert of knowing that the dynasty team of the 2000's will not win another championship.

Tx,

That was a terrible post. What does being a fan ahve to do with any of that? Being a fan means you are dedicated. That you show blind faith to a cause. You HOPE they win it all.

Just because the team I root for SUCKS I can't look at other teams objectively? I never said that the Jets time is now. I never said that the Jets will beat the Pats out for the Division this year. Read my earlier post, I said that the Dolphins would probably win the division by default. In fairness the Pats might hold on and win one more division.

But there will be no more championships. The Pats time is done. But since my parents rooted for a sucky team and I followed them I guess I have no clue! :eek:

Tx,

That was a terrible post. What does being a fan ahve to do with any of that? Being a fan means you are dedicated. That you show blind faith to a cause. You HOPE they win it all.

Because being a Jet fan, your envy of the Pats success clouds your judgement and you are unable to remain objective.

The Pats are still one of the top 4 elite teams in the NFL and anything can happen come playoff time.

It's not like the Pats are a middle-of-the-road team, where they have no shot at another Lombardi.

Deal with it.

Keep clicking your heels together Dorothy, maybe you will believe that one day. Funny thing, the Patriots have continually gotten better, faster and younger since that first championship.

Keep clicking your heels together Dorothy, maybe you will believe that one day. Funny thing, the Patriots have continually gotten better, faster and younger since that first championship.

Yes I agree. Last's years team was much better than the 1st Championship team. Only difference is last years team lost in the playoffs.

Who is dreaming now? Oh and I would rather be Dorothy than ToTo.

Because being a Jet fan, your envy of the Pats success clouds your judgement and you are unable to remain objective.

The Pats are still one of the top 4 elite teams in the NFL and anything can happen come playoff time.

It's not like the Pats are a middle-of-the-road team, where they have no shot at another Lombardi.

The Pats are not a Top 4 team. Here are the teams that are ahead of them:

-Steelers

-Colts

-Panthers

-Broncos

-Seahwhawks

I also put the Dolphins and Jaguars in about the same class as the Pats, only slightly higher. The Dolphins have to prove a lot and I want to see what the Jaguars can do without Jimmy Smith.

The Pats are a 2nd tier team. Everyone sees this but you. They won 3 out of 4. It was a good run. You guys should certainly be proud of it. But stop referring to it in the present tense.

The Pats are not a Top 4 team. Here are the teams that are ahead of them:

-Steelers

-Colts

-Panthers

-Broncos

-Seahwhawks

I also put the Dolphins and Jaguars in about the same class as the Pats, only slightly higher. The Dolphins have to prove a lot and I want to see what the Jaguars can do without Jimmy Smith.

The Pats are a 2nd tier team. Everyone sees this but you. They won 3 out of 4. It was a good run. You guys should certainly be proud of it. But stop referring to it in the present tense.

Please, the Pats absolutey own Manning and the Colts and Seahawks are not better than the Pats.

Open your eyes.

Please, the Pats absolutey own Manning and the Colts and Seahawks are not better than the Pats.

Open your eyes.

The Seahawks and Colts were both playing last season when the Pats were home.

It is just ironic. You guys made a living out of calling Jet fans homers. Now look at you guys. Refusing to see the obvious. You should realize this now, otherwise you are going to be really hurt later.

(yeah like Jet fans feel in October every year when they realize their season is over). :P

True.

Oh it's on now, Patsy fan. That statement is so far fetched it's funny!

It can be more than reasonably argued that the Bellichick and co. wanted no part of Big Ben in the playoffs. They were the ones that seemingly 'blew' the last game of the season, avoiding a matchup with Big Ben in the playoffs. How could the Steelers have played a role in that? They WON out to get in the playoffs. Many of us in Steelerland believe that Bellichick wanted no part of Big Ben in the playoffs. I give the dude credit for it too. He was smart enough to know that improvement was Ben's forte'.

:yahoo:

The Seahawks and Colts were both playing last season when the Pats were home.

Like you clowns are so fond of saying, "That is all in the past".

If you say the Pats aren't a top 4 team, why does Vegas have the Pats at #2 to win the Super Bowl?:eek:

Arizona Cardinals 35/1

Atlanta Falcons 25/1

Baltimore Ravens 35/1

Buffalo Bills 100/1

Carolina Panthers 11/1

Chicago Bears 17/1

Cincinnati Bengals 20/1

Cleveland Browns 60/1

Dallas Cowboys 11/1

Denver Broncos 12/1

Detroit Lions 80/1

Green Bay Packers 80/1

Houston Texans 100/1

Indianapolis Colts 13/2

Jacksonville Jaguars 28/1

Kansas City Chiefs 16/1

Miami Dolphins 17/1

Minnesota Vikings 25/1

New England Patriots 15/2

New Orleans Saints 45/1

New York Giants 18/1

New York Jets 70/1

Oakland Raiders 45/1

Philadelphia Eagles 19/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1

San Diego Chargers 14/1

San Francisco 49ers 125/1

Seattle Seahawks 10/1

St. Louis Rams 60/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 25/1

Tennessee Titans 100/1

Washington Redskins 13/1

If you say the Pats aren't a top 4 team, why does Vegas have the Pats at #2 to win the Super Bowl?:eek:

As long as Brady is healthy, the Patsies have a serious shot.

#2 fav seems a bit of a stretch.

But we all know that Vegas odds are a refelction of the betting public, not true strength rankings.

Which is why the Jets are in the 20's, not the 30's where some people feel they belong.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Arizona Cardinals 35/1

Atlanta Falcons 25/1

Baltimore Ravens 35/1

Buffalo Bills 100/1

Carolina Panthers 11/1

Chicago Bears 17/1

Cincinnati Bengals 20/1

Cleveland Browns 60/1

Dallas Cowboys 11/1

Denver Broncos 12/1

Detroit Lions 80/1

Green Bay Packers 80/1

Houston Texans 100/1

Indianapolis Colts 13/2

Jacksonville Jaguars 28/1

Kansas City Chiefs 16/1

Miami Dolphins 17/1

Minnesota Vikings 25/1

New England Patriots 15/2

New Orleans Saints 45/1

New York Giants 18/1

New York Jets 70/1

Oakland Raiders 45/1

Philadelphia Eagles 19/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1

San Diego Chargers 14/1

San Francisco 49ers 125/1

Seattle Seahawks 10/1

St. Louis Rams 60/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 25/1

Tennessee Titans 100/1

Washington Redskins 13/1

Do I really have to explain to you how Vegas works?

No, it's pretty simple.

Funny how you don't think the Pats are a top 4 team, yet the betting public says otherwise.:eek:

Because the betting public is always right.

Tx you don't launch the 5th largest Jets site without knowing a thing or two about the sport. ;) I am telling you the Pats are done. You don't have to believe me. No more Super Bowls for you.

Oh it's on now, Patsy fan. That statement is so far fetched it's funny!

It can be more than reasonably argued that the Bellichick and co. wanted no part of Big Ben in the playoffs. They were the ones that seemingly 'blew' the last game of the season, avoiding a matchup with Big Ben in the playoffs. How could the Steelers have played a role in that? They WON out to get in the playoffs. Many of us in Steelerland believe that Bellichick wanted no part of Big Ben in the playoffs. I give the dude credit for it too. He was smart enough to know that improvement was Ben's forte'.

:yahoo:

Come on Stiller, Belichick might have wanted no part of the defense, but Big Ben? ;)

Man, you won a title, relax, people cannot even yank your chain now. Jeeez!!!! ;)

Come on Stiller, Belichick might have wanted no part of the defense, but Big Ben? ;)

Man, you won a title, relax, people cannot even yank your chain now. Jeeez!!!! ;)

I think the heat is getting to you! :P

Were you drinking?

No way in hell the Jets win 8 games.

They are a pathetic football team.

I was in 120+ tempratures too long. It was the onset of heat stroke or something. A little liquids and I was fine. Plus, I am trying to throw them a bone.

Were you drinking?

No way in hell the Jets win 8 games.

They are a pathetic football team.

8 and 8 will win the East. I see the Fins and Pats going 7 and 9. The Bills 5 and 11.

POTW NOM. For both posts actually. The one by Savage and the one by Tx:

PatsFanTX

user_online.gif

ESPN Team Rankings

quote.gif

savage69Join Date: Apr 2003

user_offline.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Hey Max, how come every single media outlet has the Pats as a top 4 team?

But I gues you know more than they do. eek.gif

Earth to Tex..This is JI get your site adjusted! eek.gif

POTW NOM. For both posts actually. The one by Savage and the one by Tx:

PatsFanTX

user_online.gif

ESPN Team Rankings

quote.gif

savage69Join Date: Apr 2003

user_offline.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Hey Max, how come every single media outlet has the Pats as a top 4 team?

But I gues you know more than they do. eek.gif

Earth to Tex..This is JI get your site adjusted! eek.gif

hahaha!!!I saw that too!!

I think tex is humiliated again..

Buffalo, baby! Yup, Buffalo is 'gonna win the AFC East!:rolleyes:

Dante Culpepper is still hurt, and still over-rated. The Miami o-line sucks. The secondary has had it's share of losses. Still, if Culpepper finds his health and head, he has some terrific recievers to work with and a fantastic TE.

Jets are in rebuilding mode. The offense could be anemic as hell. The defense will be much improved and could prove formidable at times.

The Patriots could have a dynamic one-two punch at RB. I truly beleive Ben Watson is going to have a break-out year. The defensive line is arguably the best in the league. The secondary is still a concern, for me anyway.

Additionally:

Pittsburgh would have had their arses handed to them by the Pats last year in the playoff's. I have no doubt of that. Big Ben is a tough SOB, a good leader too. However, maybe it's just me, but he is sooooo over-rated (maybe it was that 20% QB Rating in the SB? ). The Pats have the Steelers number and until proven otherwise, always will. BB outsmarted himself last season.

I have no idea why the Colts are looked upon so favorably. The d-line/lbs are good, not great. The secondary, although improved, is hardly great. The o-line is terrific, but they lost Edge. Prediction: Peyton will miss Edge...a lot. They think a kicker will put them over the "hump." Stupid Colts. Always stupid Colts.

Hey, i was just trying to stay with the spirit of the thread. Besides, youre wrong and i am right. Belly fears Big Ben. lol

Archived