Panthers : Shelton may get cut

Smizzy

Panthers : Shelton may get cut

The News

The Panthers have an abundance of running backs on their roster and Eric Shelton, a second-round pick last year, is very much on the bubble and may not make the final roster, according to the Sporting News.

Our View

There have been rumblings out of Carolina since last season that Shelton has been a bust and the team would consider parting ways despite the high pick they spent to acquire him. He landed on the IR during the preseason as a rookie, which allowed them to put the decision off another year. The addition of DeAngelo Williams now has made Shelton even more expendable. Eric will have to prove he can be a Stephen Davis-like runner in short-yardage situations if he wants to be wearing teal and black in 2006.

Ouch.

Boy the guy had high praises last year and now he's down to #3 on the depth chart to getting cut.

I don't know if you can see if a guy is a bust in one year though. He should get a chance somewhere else quickly. Miami?

What a bust.

Honestly, how many on this board, if given the choice prior to the '05 draft, of the Jets drafting either Shelton or Lofa Tatupu, would have picked Shelton?

Just goes to show that all the months and months of research, hype, and analysis really doesn't mean jack **** whenever these guys step on the field.

What a bust.

Honestly, how many on this board, if given the choice prior to the '05 draft, of the Jets drafting either Shelton or Lofa Tatupu, would have picked Shelton?

Just goes to show that all the months and months of research, hype, and analysis really doesn't mean jack **** whenever these guys step on the field.

I like your sig troll.

Dont you think Jason Bonham was such an annoying b#tch on that show?

I like your sig troll.

Dont you think Jason Bonham was such an annoying b#tch on that show?

I didn't really notice him too much. He did a nice job filling the mandatory role of "other guy" that all bands have. Truth be told, I had never even heard of him before the show. Didn't know Bonzo had a far less successful son that drummed for ****ing Foreigner.

Maybe Fox is trying to show the rookies that even a 2nd-rounder will get cut before playing a single down if he doesn't show his worth.

Top 5 HC's in the NFL:

1) Bill Belichick

2) John Fox

3) Andy Reid

4) Bill Parcells

5 ) Bill Cowher

It is just mind-boggling that the Jets selected Hermy Edwards over John Fox.:eek:

Top 5 HC's in the NFL:

1) Bill Belichick

2) John Fox

3) Andy Reid

4) Bill Parcells

5 ) Bill Cowher

It is just mind-boggling that the Jets selected Hermy Edwards over John Fox.:eek:

I agree that Fox is a great coach, but how can you possibly put him over guys like Parcells and Cowhers, who have had sustained coaching excellence for the better part of 15 years, along with the Lombardis to go with it?

Top 5 HC's in the NFL:

1) Bill Belichick

2) John Fox

3) Andy Reid

4) Bill Parcells

5 ) Bill Cowher

You're putting Fox & Reid over Parcells?

Archived