Ranking the running backs, team by team (oh God)

SoFlaJets

that is my gut - to bench Curtis. That being said, if everyone in camp is so horrible, then obviously you have no choice. I believe this will be a rebuilding season that's painful to watch at times. That doesn't mean you treat the 16 regular season games like a 4-month team tryout though.

i wont view it as painful if i see a cohesive game plans, clock management, players improving evcery week, and no coddling of players caus eof ier all pro pedigrees,,

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and no coddling of players caus eof ier all pro pedigrees,,

Anybody notice how Herm was always going to fix the slow start by some type of change in training camp philosophy? One year he gave Curtis almost no carries in pre-season, despite the guy begging for work, the next year he's going to give him some work. Another year no snaps for Vinny, then the guy has to step in raw. I can see not overexposing your stars, but let them play a little.

Anybody notice how Herm was always going to fix the slow start by some type of change in training camp philosophy? One year he gave Curtis almost no carries in pre-season, despite the guy begging for work, the next year he's going to give him some work. Another year no snaps for Vinny, then the guy has to step in raw. I can see not overexposing your stars, but let them play a little.

Its Herm, ,what do you expect from the anti-Brainiac of Coaches

brainiac.jpg

32. New York Jets

Curtis Martin is 33, and the inevitable decline phase of his career hit him like a ton of bricks in 2005. Running backs just don't rebound from the kind of season Martin had last year. It's time for the young Jets to step up, but there's not much there. Derrick Blaylock failed to accomplish much of anything in his first year with the team, and rookie Cedric Houston was mediocre. Veteran fullback Jerald Sowell is gone, replaced with B.J. Askew, who has very little experience aside from special teams. It will be easier going for the backs behind first-round offensive linemen D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold, but by midseason the Jets may find themselves wishing they had found a way to get Reggie Bush. The Official Football Outsiders Favorite Rookie, fullback Nick Hartigan, has a better chance of making the roster with New York than just about any other team in the league.

Martin is old?

Blaylock sucks?

Houston mediocre?

Wow no wonder the Jets passed on Lendale White. What a three-headed monster!

Archived