Greengal, do you know how to make a pentagonal pyramid

dickkotite

OY DK. i am hoping the teacher made a mistake because i have been trying to figure it out for 20 minutes now and i can't. of course i HATE geometry and i don't have any of my shapes with me... I will keep thinking. Let me know if you figure it out because now it is going to bug me until i know the answer.

Ok..this is what else i thought of...i suspect that somthing might be wrong with the question...it has something to do with Euler's formula...

There is no pyramid with hexagonal base since 6 equilateral triangles attached to the sides of a hexagon when brought together at a vertex will lie in a plane. In fact, any n-gon based pyramid with n≥6 does not exist. This can be further explained by Euler's formula which states that every convex regular polyhedron has a vertex of valency at most five. Suppose there exist a pyramid of n-gon base where n≥6, the apex of that pyramid will have valency more than 6 which violates the Euler's formula. Hence, there only exist pyramids of n-gon base, where n less than 6.

Ok..this is what else i thought of...i suspect that somthing might be wrong with the question...it has something to do with Euler's formula...

There is no pyramid with hexagonal base since 6 equilateral triangles attached to the sides of a hexagon when brought together at a vertex will lie in a plane. In fact, any n-gon based pyramid with n≥6 does not exist. This can be further explained by Euler's formula which states that every convex regular polyhedron has a vertex of valency at most five. Suppose there exist a pyramid of n-gon base where n≥6, the apex of that pyramid will have valency more than 6 which violates the Euler's formula. Hence, there only exist pyramids of n-gon base, where n less than 6.

Translation: "I don't know, but I wear tight skirts and recycle my lesson plans! tee hee!" :lol:

No no no. I wish I was staying AFTER class. :wink: :oops:

LOL. Now you are trying to sweet talk me?... too little too late after you bust my intellectual side... :lol:

GG...everyone here knows you are intellectual goddess

<supercilious smile> :wink:

don't you start too thelma :lol:

Archived