AFCE Predictions

PatsFanTX

besides, I drafted him last night in my fantasy league.;)

:rl: Big mistake.

I agree with Tex.

The Patriots offense will be fine with or without Branch. It has manmaged to overcome his abscence in the past and will do so this time. You double Watson, you leave yourself vulnerable to the run, Graham and the wily old verteran Troy.

The Patriots offense will be their own worst enemies. Penalties and Dropped passes will slow this offense down more then Branch not being there.

:rl: Big mistake.

I agree with Tex.

The Patriots offense will be fine with or without Branch. It has manmaged to overcome his abscence in the past and will do so this time. You double Watson, you leave yourself vulnerable to the run, Graham and the wily old verteran Troy.

The Patriots offense will be their own worst enemies. Penalties and Dropped passes will slow this offense down more then Branch not being there.

What?!

First, have you seen Matt Light against a really good speed rusher off the edge? Graham won't have too many passes thrown his way in those games. He'll be used for blocking purposes.

Everyone knows about the soft spot I have for Troy - but does anyone here really think he'll be suited up for every game?

Ditto Watson. He's going to be a star (made that prediction at the begininning of last year) but history tells me he won't be suited up for every game too.

Caldwell has been a disappointment in pre-season. He cuts off his routes too early, he has kryptonite for hands and he gets these scared bug eyes whenever he does catch the ball. The man needs a shrink, not a coach.

Childress - Troy Brown part II - he has potential as a #5 receiver. Needs more bulk. He could use a few verticle inches too.

Jackson. Nothing to report. Sore hammy. Another Florida success story? :P

Faulk - an effective aletrnative. Shifty runner after the catch. Usually has really sure hands. A screen pass phenom.

You see a #1 or #2 receiver in this bunch? Anywhere? The Pats best receiving threat is a TE. Perhaps an RB.

Yes, the PATRIOTS need a legitimate #1 receiver. Stop kidding yourself, Pats fans.

I'm not saying this will lead to a losing season. I'm certainly not. But it could make a difference when it matters.

What?!

First, have you seen Matt Light against a really good speed rusher off the edge? Graham won't have too many passes thrown his way in those games. He'll be used for blocking purposes.

Everyone knows about the soft spot I have for Troy - but does anyone here really think he'll be suited up for every game?

Ditto Watson. He's going to be a star (made that prediction at the begininning of last year) but history tells me he won't be suited up for every game too.

Caldwell has been a disappointment in pre-season. He cuts off his routes too early, he has kryptonite for hands and he gets these scared bug eyes whenever he does catch the ball. The man needs a shrink, not a coach.

Childress - Troy Brown part II - he has potential as a #5 receiver. Needs more bulk. He could use a few verticle inches too.

Jackson. Nothing to report. Sore hammy. Another Florida success story? :P

Faulk - an effective aletrnative. Shifty runner after the catch. Usually has really sure hands. A screen pass phenom.

You see a #1 or #2 receiver in this bunch? Anywhere? The Pats best receiving threat is a TE. Perhaps an RB.

Yes, the PATRIOTS need a legitimate #1 receiver. Stop kidding yourself, Pats fans.

I'm not saying this will lead to a losing season. I'm certainly not. But it could make a difference when it matters.

A little Decaf Garb. ;-)

The Patriots have done more with less at wideout for the better part of the Belichick regime.

You have said yourself numerous times, the Patriots spread the ball. There is no Moss Ratio for Branch in New England. The Patriots are not going to game plan around Branch. They game plan against the other team's weakness and the open guy gets the ball. I am not saying the Patriots are as good without Branch as they are with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonEJet

Well, with your "top 5 " offense, and all world defensive line.....another Lombardi shoud be a cakewalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Troll

Hey, do you think our offense will outgain the Colts' again this season?

Damn, I missed that the 1st time around.

POTW material right there.

Archived