AFCE Predictions

PatsFanTX

Laurence Maroney is going to be the key to keep the Pats on top for at least 2007.

1. New England (11-5) --- 3rd / 4th seed

2. Miami (10-6) --- Will not make the playoffs

3. JETS (6-10)

4. Buffalo (5-11)

Top five d-line. Yes.

Top five offense? Not so fast. Without a legit #1 receiver/deep threat, Watson will be quadruple teamed. This of course, will free up old man Brown - but lets be real, and even though I love him, he's a fourteen year vet better suited to be the teams fourth, slot receiver. I too, beleive Maroney is the real deal, but the team needs a deep receiving threat. Needs one. Come back, Deion! It 'aint Caldwell. He stinks.

I will say, however, the offensive line has been a very pleasant surprise this pre-season. Lets hope (Pats fans) it translates to the regular season.

Oh, and if any of you are betting folk - bet on Klecko being cut. Finally. About time! The emergence of last years FA Wright has made him expendable. Klecko should be in Jets green anyway.

Top five offense? Not so fast. Without a legit #1 receiver/deep threat, Watson will be quadruple teamed.

When the Pats go 5-wide, how are teams going to double Watson, let alone quadruple him?

Did you see the spread offense against the Skins? Teams have no clue how to defend Watson when he is in the slot.;)

When the Pats go 5-wide, how are teams going to double Watson, let alone quadruple him?

Did you see the spread offense against the Skins? Teams have no clue how to defend Watson when he is in the slot.;)

That's the issue, Tx. Who are they going five wide with? Watson (TE), Caldwell, Brown, Childress and Faulk(RB)??? Don't say Jackson. Until he actually practices, he doesn't count.

That's the issue, Tx. Who are they going five wide with? Watson (TE), Caldwell, Brown, Childress and Faulk(RB)??? Don't say Jackson. Until he actually practices, he doesn't count.

Those no-name guys you mentioned did a pretty good job last week.;)

Because of the Branch situation, and the Pats lacking a true #1 WR, I think we'll see a lot of empty backfields with 5 receivers.

I don't care who you are, defending against 5 receivers going downfield is extremely difficult to do. 1 out of 5 will usually get open. Oh yea, Brady has difficulty in finding that open receiver.;)

The Skins have no clue on how to defend period. The Jets put up 27 on them.

Really?????

The Jets scored ZERO points against the Skins 1st team defense in the first quarter.

14 of the 27 points came on a trick play and a kickoff return in the 2nd quarter.

The final TD came against players that have already been cut.

Nice to see you can keep things in perspective.;)

Watson looks good. No doubt. He has all the talent in the world. But before proclaiming him to be a Hall Of Famer you have to ask yourself:

Why did he only catch 31 balls or so in his 1st 2 seasons?

Really?????

The Jets scored ZERO points against the Skins 1st team defense in the first quarter.

That is NOT fair. Chad was not around for that game! Had he been around it would have been a different story!

\:D/

Oh and here is my favorite post from the fins site:

Pro Bowlers: Ronnie Brown, Culpepper, Chambers, McMichael, Thomas, Taylor, Wilkinson, Crowder, Hadnot

Watson looks good. No doubt. He has all the talent in the world. But before proclaiming him to be a Hall Of Famer you have to ask yourself:

Why did he only catch 31 balls or so in his 1st 2 seasons?

Because of his friggn' boo-boo's.

The guy needs to keep his @ss on the playing field.

Because of his friggn' boo-boo's.

My point exactly. 40 times and the ability to make a linebacker look lost don't help that much from the sidelines.

Let's see him break 500 yards receiving in a single season before we anoit him anything. With no wide receivers to be concerned about the TE will get a lot more focus this season.

Just another reason why Branch holding out hurts them so much.

My point exactly. 40 times and the ability to make a linebacker look lost don't help that much from the sidelines.

Let's see him break 500 yards receiving in a single season before we anoit him anything. With no wide receivers to be concerned about the TE will get a lot more focus this season.

Just another reason why Branch holding out hurts them so much.

Since the inception of this message board, I think you very well know my tolerance level when it comes to injured players.

I agree with you 100%.

Since the inception of this message board, I think you very well know my tolerance level when it comes to injured players.

I agree with you 100%.

Since the inception of this board? Makes it sound so official, lol.

Really though we obviously agree. My concern for Watson is how come he had 30 yards a game last year and Brady had so many yards go elsewhere. Watson has all the tools. But until he proves otherwise he is just one of those guys that looks good on tape. I think someday they will officially call those players "Vern Davis".

Anyhow if Belly was smart he would take him to see Invincible. That is what a good coach would do.

Since the inception of this board? Makes it sound so official, lol.

Really though we obviously agree. My concern for Watson is how come he had 30 yards a game last year and Brady had so many yards go elsewhere. Watson has all the tools. But until he proves otherwise he is just one of those guys that looks good on tape. I think someday they will officially call those players "Vern Davis".

Anyhow if Belly was smart he would take him to see Invincible. That is what a good coach would do.

Ugh! The Pats system is not set-up for one-stardom. They spread the ball too much - by design. That is why they need viable receivers besides Watson.

Archived