A few questions (H-Back and Drew Coleman)

Preston Howley III

The H-back can be described as a blend between a fullback and a tight end. To my knowledge, Joe Gibbs is the only coach who employs an H-back (Chris Cooley) regularly.

H-Backs block from the TE position, play some FB, catch passes downfield, motion a lot, etc. They have several responsibilities and can be used in a unique way.

The H-back can be described as a blend between a fullback and a tight end. To my knowledge, Joe Gibbs is the only coach who employs an H-back (Chris Cooley) regularly.

H-Backs block from the TE position, play some FB, catch passes downfield, motion a lot, etc. They have several responsibilities and can be used in a unique way.

Thanks, WJ!

Looks like Mangini and Schot have figured out an answer to our anemic running game. I hope BJ Askew is finally given the ol' heave ho.

the H-back is a TE that lines up in the backfield JM-the FB position is not what it was when we were playing football- a FB used to actually carry the ball (John Riggins Matt Snell Larry Czonka)today's fullback is a lead blocker and sometimes a pass catcher.The FB's offensive role has drastically changed in the last 10 years or so..

here's a formation where the H-back is the capitol "X" they slide him back to a FB position sometimes or out wide

my diagram didn't transfer right...

the H-back is a TE that lines up in the backfield JM-the FB position is not what it was when we were playing football- a FB used to actually carry the ball (John Riggins Matt Snell Larry Czonka)today's fullback is a lead blocker and sometimes a pass catcher.The FB's offensive role has drastically changed in the last 10 years or so..

here's a formation where the H-back is the capitol "X" they slide him back to a FB position sometimes or out wide

my diagram didn't transfer right...

Thanks for the feedback, fellas!

I love learning X's and O's. I think this stuff is fascinating. Seriously.

Archived