The Official Jet Moses Jinx The Pats Thread

SoFlaJets

I'm not sure you folks are aware of the fact that aside from his off-field woes, Fryar was a very good receiver. He went on to have a very successful career. I hear he is an ordained minister now. Maybe T.O. should give him a call. ;)

I have a great one!!! MONTY BEISEL! LOL!!!!

I'm not sure you folks are aware of the fact that aside from his off-field woes, Fryar was a very good receiver. He went on to have a very successful career. I hear he is an ordained minister now. Maybe T.O. should give him a call. ;)

I have a great one!!! MONTY BEISEL! LOL!!!!

I believe that the point is that he had that "very successful career" outside of the Patriot organization.

BTW-If we wanted to do this for the Jets, we would all be busy for the next year.

1991 nwe | 16 | 2 11 5.5 0 | 68 1014 14.9 3

TX-Are you claiming that in his NE career, that Irving Fryar justified being the #1 overall in the entire draft. Particularly, being at the WR position?

Heck, D-Rob has been nominated for defensive player of the week, too.

Bottom line, Irving Fryar, nice player. A pretty decent WR. #1 overall? Not close.

I can say this-What a horrible draft class- Steinkuhler at #2, Carl Banks (pretty good pick, typical LB by Parcells move) at #3 and Kenny Jackson at #4 and Bill Maas at #5. Heck, I had classes with Kenny Jackson that year, and I could have told you he had no business being a first rounder.

Other WRs taken in that first round:

-Clyde Duncan (huh?)

-Louis Lipps (remember him)?

The Jets had the immortals Russell Carter and Ron Faurot.

Good year to trade down if anyone gave you anything, in hindsight.

TX-Are you claiming that in his NE career, that Irving Fryar justified being the #1 overall in the entire draft. Particularly, being at the WR position?

Heck, D-Rob has been nominated for defensive player of the week, too.

Bottom line, Irving Fryar, nice player. A pretty decent WR. #1 overall? Not close.

I can say this-What a horrible draft class- Steinkuhler at #2, Carl Banks (pretty good pick, typical LB by Parcells move) at #3 and Kenny Jackson at #4 and Bill Maas at #5. Heck, I had classes with Kenny Jackson that year, and I could have told you he had no business being a first rounder.

Other WRs taken in that first round:

-Clyde Duncan (huh?)

-Louis Lipps (remember him)?

The Jets had the immortals Russell Carter and Ron Faurot.

Good year to trade down if anyone gave you anything, in hindsight.

Just messing with you Dierk.

I did want to point out that Fryar did have one decent year with the Pats.

Was he worth the #1 pick?

No way in hell.

I'll tell you all an awesome jinx story:

2001 - Pats/Jets at the old Foxboro Stadium. Me and some freinds, along with Mrs. B and Zip of Full Tilt/Full Time Tailgate fame (think 16H but smaller and not so loud) meet up with Soothsayer and his friends. Friendly banter. Good food. Beer. Fun. Well, I had to use the "portable rest room" - I come back and my Drew Bledsoe bobble head doll was hanging from my friends open trunk - poor Drew's head banging against the metal - little peices of his neck falling off with each clank. Poor Drew! I rescued him. Well, wouldn't yah know it! Mo Lewis knocks Bledoes head off during the game. A lanky kid from Michigan comes into the game and nearly won it.....fell short and the Jets won. The rest - well, it was a Cinderall Story!

Thank you, Soothsayer!

I can't believe Tony Eason hasn't been mentioned yet.

His teammates hated him. He didn't even come back to NE for the closing of the old Foxboro Stadium. What a wuss.

I remember a John Hannah interview where he said Eason should be wearing a skirt. Guess you had to hear it - but was classic Hannah.

Archived