Pennington/Brady vs. Dolphins

strange_andy

Pennington: 17/29 169 yards 5.5 yards avg. 2 TD 0 INT W 20-17

Brady: 16/29 134 yards 4.5 yards avg. 2 TD 0 INT W 20-10

Okay TX, what do you have to say?

Pennington was just as efficient as Brady against a top-tier defense.

Uh, Uh,....

lick my sack tea-bagger!!

:lies:

First, Tex gets his numbers from me and they are not down until the end of the year for obvious reasons.

Second, Miami is currently 12th in points allowed. Which would not improve on his pathetic 3-13 record against top 10 defenses. He is actually 11-1 against teams in the 11-20 range.

Bottomline...nothing has changed.

Uh, Uh,....

This is absolutey ridiculous.

You want to take one friggn' game and try and make a point that PennyBoyWonder is in the same league as Brady?:eek:

When PennyBoy improves his pathetic 4-14 record against good defensive teams, plays and entire season, wins 3 Super Bowls and makes several Pro Bowls, then come back and we'll talk.

Until then, your very average QB should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Brady.

This could be the dumbest thread of the year.

First, Tex gets his numbers from me and they are not down until the end of the year for obvious reasons.

Second, Miami is currently 12th in points allowed. Which would not improve on his pathetic 3-13 record against top 10 defenses. He is actually 11-1 against teams in the 11-20 range.

PFSIKH,

Please update your statistics.

When the Jets played the Pats this year, the Pats defense was ranked 6th in the NFL. So that is yet another loss for PennyBoy againsat a top defensive team.

PFSIKH,

Please update your statistics.

When the Jets played the Pats this year, the Pats defense was ranked 6th in the NFL. So that is yet another loss for PennyBoy againsat a top defensive team.

Tex,

As I said above, I do the numbers at the end of the year. It is easier for me that way as that way you get a view of the team over a whole season. Compared to numbers varying week to week. Right now, their is one point separating about 4 teams from being Top 10 and 11 and lower.

The unofficial results so far are this:

vs. Top 10 scoring defense

Chad: 3-15 Brady: 22-7

vs Top 20

Chad: 13-2 Brady: 24-11

vs Top 30

Chad: 10-5 Brady: 26-4

Defense allows less then 20 points

Chad: 22-3 Brady: 53-1 (Denver game was the first Brady every lost when defense gave up less then 20.)

Defense allows more then 20

Chad: 4-19 Brady: 19-21

Will save records for the end of the year.

vs. Top 10 scoring defense

Chad: 3-15 Brady: 22-7

Good stuff PFSIKH.

The conversation between Brady and PennyBoy should just end with the discussion of the above stat.

Brady performs against good defensive teams while PennyBoy sucks against good defensive teams.

End of discussion.

Uh, Uh,....

wait a minute Andy you mean to tell me Chad had MORE yards on the same amount of completions than BRADY???-stats don't mean a thing-you KNOW that

Good stuff PFSIKH.

The conversation between Brady and PennyBoy should just end with the discussion of the above stat.

Brady performs against good defensive teams while PennyBoy sucks against good defensive teams.

End of discussion.

I didn't know that a QB plays the entire D by himself.

Good stuff PFSIKH.

End of discussion.

Okay, let's get something straight TX.

My point is NOT to say that Pennington is better then Brady or has even come close to accomplishing what Brady has.

I DON'T BELIEVE PENNINGTON IS BETTER.

Like I have posted before, I think Pennington is an above average-to-good QB that needs the pieces around him to be successful (OL, RB, WR, TE).

I have read numerous posts by you stating that Pennington does nothing against good defenses. The thread is regarding ONE GAME and the fact that Pennington has the potential (and occasionally does) to defeat the good defenses in the league.

ONE GAME MORON!

You are the one blowing the whole thing out of proportion comparing careers, accomplishments, etc.

I don't know of anyone that is going to argue what Brady has done, or even try to state that Pennington has done more.

Let me make a few things very clear for TX and other Pats fans who post here:

1. Pennington is not better than Brady (at this point)

2. The Jets are not as good as the Patriots this season

3. I firmly believe that Brady has accomplished more in his career than Pennington

4. TX should become the Jets QB coach, so he is that much closer to Chad's cornhole.

When someone posts a topic regarding a single game, please don't start throwing out past season or career stats. Everyone is intelligent enough to understand that one game does not make a career (Unless of course you count the Mo Lewis brutul hit on Bledsoe, which gave Brady his shot as a NFL QB).

So, pull the bundled panties out of your vagina TX, nobody is attacking your boyfriend.

*By the way I was looking at TEAM TOTAL DEFENSE, WHICH THE DOLPHINS WERE RANKED 5TH YESTERDAY*

Let me make a few things very clear for TX and other Pats fans who post here:

1. Pennington is not better than Brady (at this point)

2. The Jets are not as good as the Patriots this season

3. I firmly believe that Brady has accomplished more in his career than Pennington

4. TX should become the Jets QB coach, so he is that much closer to Chad's cornhole.

1. True

2. True

3. True

4. The first thing I would do is bench PennyBoy and go with Clemens. PennyBoy is not the future of the Jets.

TOTAL TEAM DEFENSE ASS WAD!

THE DOLPHINS WERE RANKED 5TH AS OF YESTERDAY AFTERNOON. YOUR POINTS ALLOWED IS A SUB-CATEGORY OF TOTAL TEAM DEFENSE.

TOTAL MEANS TOTAL OF ALL PARTS.

TOTAL TEAM DEFENSE ASS WAD!

THE DOLPHINS WERE RANKED 5TH AS OF YESTERDAY AFTERNOON. YOUR POINTS ALLOWED IS A SUB-CATEGORY OF TOTAL TEAM DEFENSE.

TOTAL MEANS TOTAL OF ALL PARTS.

Dumbass.......your post is directed at the record Tex likes to use in regards to Chadwick.

That record is not based on yards allowed. It is based on points allowed. Maybe you did not know, but teams do not win games by allowing less yards. It is less points.

Here are the top 15 Ds in the NFL:

1. Bears 36 PA 5-0

2. Broncos 37 PA 4-1

3. Chargers 55 PA 4-1

4. Falcons 69 PA 3-2

Ravens 69 PA 4-2

5. Patriots 74 PA 4-1

Jaguars 74 PA 3-2

6. Vikings 82 PA 3-2

7. Steelers 84 PA 2-3

8. Cowboys 92 PA 3-2

9. Chiefs 97 PA 2-3

10. Bengals 99 PA 3-2

11. Colts 100 PA 5-0

12. Buccaneers 104 PA 1-4

13. Giants 109 PA 3-2

Browns 109 PA 1-4

14. Saints 110 PA 5-1

15. Panthers 111 PA 4-2

Dolphins 111 PA 1-5

Seahawks 111 PA 4-1

Here are the top 15 Ds in the NFL:

1. Bears 36 PA 5-0

2. Broncos 37 PA 4-1

3. Chargers 55 PA 4-1

4. Falcons 69 PA 3-2

Ravens 69 PA 4-2

5. Patriots 74 PA 4-1

Jaguars 74 PA 3-2

6. Vikings 82 PA 3-2

7. Steelers 84 PA 2-3

8. Cowboys 92 PA 3-2

9. Chiefs 97 PA 2-3

10. Bengals 99 PA 3-2

11. Colts 100 PA 5-0

12. Buccaneers 104 PA 1-4

13. Giants 109 PA 3-2

Browns 109 PA 1-4

14. Saints 110 PA 5-1

15. Panthers 111 PA 4-2

Dolphins 111 PA 1-5

Seahawks 111 PA 4-1

So are you now agreeing that points allowed is more important than yards allowed?;)

So are you now agreeing that points allowed is more important than yards allowed?;)

There is no question about the Bears, Ravens, Broncos, Chargers, Jaguars, and Steelers D. For every other D in the NFL, it's a week to week thing depending on the match up.

And yes, I didn't throw the Patsies in there!

Success in the NFL depends almost wholly on what situation the player lands in when drafted.Brady got drafted by the Pats and had all of the Jets old coaches and Pennington got drafted by the Jets,who were in transition following Belichicks traitorous exit to the Pats.Brady went to a situation where he was put in position to succeed with good players surrounding him on offense.Chad on the other hand,went to a team in disarray on offense without much talent.

My opinion is that had Brady and Chad's roles been reversed,you would see the two teams in the same position they are in today,with the Pats winning those superbowls and the Jets just now starting to rebuild.I also say that Brady would have sustained the injuries that Chad has because of the piss-poor pass protection given him by his offensive line.It has nothing to do with being brittle as Tex always tries to assert,but in the hits that have been taken by the players.

Success in the NFL depends almost wholly on what situation the player lands in when drafted.Brady got drafted by the Pats and had all of the Jets old coaches and Pennington got drafted by the Jets,who were in transition following Belichicks traitorous exit to the Pats.Brady went to a situation where he was put in position to succeed with good players surrounding him on offense.Chad on the other hand,went to a team in disarray on offense without much talent.

My opinion is that had Brady and Chad's roles been reversed,you would see the two teams in the same position they are in today,with the Pats winning those superbowls and the Jets just now starting to rebuild.I also say that Brady would have sustained the injuries that Chad has because of the piss-poor pass protection given him by his offensive line.It has nothing to do with being brittle as Tex always tries to assert,but in the hits that have been taken by the players.

Great points!

Sorry, but that is just pure speculation on your part.

Brady has taken some brutal hits over his career and has never missed a start in his entire career.

To say the same thing that happened to PennyBoy would happen to Brady had the situations been reversed is flawed thinking.

JM1

Those are good points. I agree with you a 110% that alot of a players success/failure can be tied into the situation their in. However, I disagree on some points.

If the roles were reversed, I do not think the Jets are as bad and the Patriots as good. You cannot say Brady would be hurt twice and miss signifigant portions of two seasons. Brady has been durable. Chad has not. Yes, the OL plays into that. However, Brady has a knack, sixth sense or whatever you want to call it and manages to avoid taking big hits more often then not. Plus, the Patriots have not had great talent over those seasons. They have had good, but not great. Short of one monster season from Dillon and some decent seasons from Troy, Brady is the only Pro Bowler from the offense. No OL or other wideouts. He is not going to help the Run D, but I bet alot of those close games you lost might be wins now.

I doubt the Patriots would have any titles if Chadwick was the QB. Would they be good? Yes, they would still have a very good to great defense. In every Superbowl season, the Patriots needed a QB to lead them. The comeback against the Raiders. The last minute drive against the Rams. The game vs the Panthers. The AFC CHampionship game vs the Steelers and overcoming a slow start and TOs against the Eagles. Call it "IT" or intangibles, but Brady has it and Chadwick does not. I am more shocked when Brady fails to deliver, then when he does. It is to the point I expect it. Any game any situation. It is not a matter of "ifs" either. If we get a running game or if this happens we can win. It is we have Tom Brady and you do not. That is why we will win. Simplistic, but how often has Tom failed to deliver? Not many.

Peyton has a much better arm and is much more accurate deep. Chad probably throws a prettier pass and is more accurate short. All Tom does is win. Not with the most talent, but he executes the plays drawn and when needed the most more often then not. He has it.

JM1

Those are good points. I agree with you a 110% that alot of a players success/failure can be tied into the situation their in. However, I disagree on some points.

If the roles were reversed, I do not think the Jets are as bad and the Patriots as good. You cannot say Brady would be hurt twice and miss signifigant portions of two seasons. Brady has been durable. Chad has not. Yes, the OL plays into that. However, Brady has a knack, sixth sense or whatever you want to call it and manages to avoid taking big hits more often then not. Plus, the Patriots have not had great talent over those seasons. They have had good, but not great. Short of one monster season from Dillon and some decent seasons from Troy, Brady is the only Pro Bowler from the offense. No OL or other wideouts. He is not going to help the Run D, but I bet alot of those close games you lost might be wins now.

I doubt the Patriots would have any titles if Chadwick was the QB. Would they be good? Yes, they would still have a very good to great defense. In every Superbowl season, the Patriots needed a QB to lead them. The comeback against the Raiders. The last minute drive against the Rams. The game vs the Panthers. The AFC CHampionship game vs the Steelers and overcoming a slow start and TOs against the Eagles. Call it "IT" or intangibles, but Brady has it and Chadwick does not. I am more shocked when Brady fails to deliver, then when he does. It is to the point I expect it. Any game any situation. It is not a matter of "ifs" either. If we get a running game or if this happens we can win. It is we have Tom Brady and you do not. That is why we will win. Simplistic, but how often has Tom failed to deliver? Not many.

Peyton has a much better arm and is much more accurate deep. Chad probably throws a prettier pass and is more accurate short. All Tom does is win. Not with the most talent, but he executes the plays drawn and when needed the most more often then not. He has it.

I agree that Brady has "IT",but I also believe that Chad has "IT".Our offensive line is not near the same caliber as the Pats,would you agree with that statement??He never has the time that Brady gets to make the reads and I think you would agree that when Chad has the proper time behind center that he will make the proper read and throw much more often than he will make a mistake.That is a winning QB,and that's what Chad is and has always been in my opinion.

I agree that Brady has "IT",but I also believe that Chad has "IT".

Can you please cite several examples where you think PennyBoy has "it".

When has he carried the Jets on his back to victory in an important game?

When has he pulled an upset against a heavily favored team?

Where did he take control of a game and lead the Jets downfield on a long, time consuming drive during crunch time?

And please, leave out the Pats game that took place over 4 years ago and also the Chargers playoff game of 2 years ago. Those are the ONLY two games that Jet fans cite when asked these types of questions.

PennyBoy has been in the NFL for 6 years now, I'd like to hear some other examples than two games where you think PennyBoy has "it".

Can you please cite several examples where you think PennyBoy has "it".

When has he carried the Jets on his back to victory in an important game?

When has he pulled an upset against a heavily favored team?

Where did he take control of a game and lead the Jets downfield on a long, time consuming drive during crunch time?

And please, leave out the Pats game that took place over 4 years ago and also the Chargers playoff game of 2 years ago. Those are the ONLY two games that Jet fans cite when asked these types of questions.

PennyBoy has been in the NFL for 6 years now, I'd like to hear some other examples than two games where you think PennyBoy has "it".

Playoffs===Indy===2002...........that all you got,troll?:)

Playoffs===Indy===2002...........that all you got,troll?:)

Are you really that naive and don't have a clue about the NFL?

In case you forgot, the Jets defense shut out the Colts that day.

PennyBoy's major accomplishment that day was his -7 yard laser pass to Anderson who took the pass 65 yards for a TD for the initial TD and the game was over..

That was real impressive.:eek:

Just in case you don't remember, that game was also 4 years ago.

What has PennyBoyWonder done since that time?

Are you really that naive and don't have a clue about the NFL?

In case you forgot, the Jets defense shut out the Colts that day.

PennyBoy's major accomplishment that day was his -7 yard laser pass to Anderson who took the pass 65 yards for a TD for the initial TD and the game was over..

That was real impressive.:eek:

Just in case you don't remember, that game was also 4 years ago.

What has PennyBoyWonder done since that time?

What's the matter Tex,you asked the question,I just answered it for you.Don't get pissed-off because you thought I didn't know the answer.Oh,by the way,that WAS A BIG GAME.....:)

I agree that Brady has "IT",but I also believe that Chad has "IT".Our offensive line is not near the same caliber as the Pats,would you agree with that statement??He never has the time that Brady gets to make the reads and I think you would agree that when Chad has the proper time behind center that he will make the proper read and throw much more often than he will make a mistake.That is a winning QB,and that's what Chad is and has always been in my opinion.

JM1

The Patriots' OL is extermely well coached. Danta Scarnechia is a great coach. The Patriots are lucky to have him.

With that being said, Brady buys alot of his time. I know the OL plays into that, but Brady also buys himself more time by moving around in the pocket when he senses pressure.

Chad has some IT but not alot of IT. ;-)

Archived