Zach Thomas quotes on Dolphins

faba

DAVIE -- Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Thursday that it was still open-ended when quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be ready to play again.

Saban said Culpepper is "sore" from a rehabilitation program designed to accelerate his ongoing recovery from last October's knee surgery. Saban benched Culpepper after four unimpressive starts so he could concentrate on a program designed to improve strength and movement.

sports;ptype=s;rg=ur;ref=theredzoneorg;sz=300x250;tile=3;ord=53181432

ocalLinks

"We're trying to get the soreness out so he can do a little bit more football-related stuff," Saban said

Asked whether there was a timetable for Culpepper's return, Saban said, "He doesn't have one until he feels like he's 100 percent [healthy] and can move effectively."

Culpepper was unavailable for comment Thursday during the team's media availability for players. Wide receiver Chris Chambers said he believes Culpepper will try returning after the team's bye next weekend but added, "He's [injured] now. He's not even throwing the ball [in practice], so there's no telling."

Saban and Culpepper have previously said that the latter's decision to curtail rehabilitation after the preseason began contributed to his current difficulties.

"They have a regimented program for him that is not a coaches' program," Saban said. "It's been done by physical therapy and medical people to try to say, `How can we make the best progress here?'

"Some of it is football-type stuff. Some days, he does more football stuff than other days. ... It's just like any other conditioning regiment. Work, a little rest, work different things each day."

Injury update

Receiver Wes Welker (calf) and defensive end Kevin Carter (knee) returned to practice and should play against Green Bay on Sunday. Cornerback Travis Daniels (knee) missed his second consecutive practice and probably won't play.

Saban addresses hoax

Although later categorized as a hoax by the FBI and Department of Homeland Security, Saban said he spoke with his team about an internet threat that Dolphin Stadium was one of seven NFL stadiums targeted this weekend for "dirty bomb" attacks.

Saban said he told players that "everybody's going to do everything that we need to do to make sure we have a safe environment to play in and pretty much left it at that."

Emotion outburst

Dolphins middle linebacker Zach Thomas said he will no longer wear his heart on his sleeve following losses.

After last Sunday's 20-17 loss to the New York Jets dropped the Dolphins to 1-5, Thomas said, "Now we're the worst in the league. I'm just disappointed about everything, embarrassed for the organization, embarrassed for [owner H. Wayne Huizenga], embarrassed for the fans."

Thomas said he will now direct those kinds of comments only toward teammates privately in the locker room.

Thomas said, "Now we're the worst in the league. I'm just disappointed about everything, embarrassed for the organization, embarrassed for [owner H. Wayne Huizenga], embarrassed for the fans."

hey ZACH....no news there buddie..

There is no measuring device on earth that can reflect how much I hate the Miami Dolphins. Between the Dolphins and the Raiders, it's a regular hatefest. I got my Raiders pinata all ready to go for the kiddies on Halloween. They can beat the hell out of it with a stick. Maybe a touchdown or some positive yardage falls out, who knows.

And brady is sore every week from taking it up the ***, but you dont see him complaining about it. (Why is that? Is it because he thinks it hurts so good?)

ahh..our version of "pennyboy wonder has a noodle arm"...the brady gay joke, hahaha. We should create a thread for the sole purpose of brady gay jokes...and the best brady gay joke should get a prize or something :P

Thomas and Taylor are so freaking talented, and are now about to hit the downside of their careers, much to my delight. They were picked by some to go to the playoffs and beyond, and now that the season has imploded on Miami, the bitching and moaning has started.

These are two great players who will never get a ring. But then again, not everyone can play in New England, right?

ahh..our version of "pennyboy wonder has a noodle arm"...the brady gay joke, hahaha. We should create a thread for the sole purpose of brady gay jokes...and the best brady gay joke should get a prize or something :P

There are gay jokes on this forum?

I'll alert Max.

Archived