Hey Alk

nj meadowlands

Yes, I'm alive but very disappointed. We definately should have won that one, tons of miscues in every phase of the game.

1. Our special teams giving up a HUGE return right off of the bat.

2. Not fair catching two punts and let them bouce an extra 20 yards to kill our field position.

3. Our "veteran" qb throwing a pass straight to the defender while being sacked.

4. Callahan doing his best impression of Herm Edwards at the end of the game. Okay, I was fine with thinking that he just wanted to save his last timeout instead of stopping the clock. But when he challenged an obvious incomplete pass just to ice the kicker on a chipshot field goal, I had to reach down and pick my jaw up off of the floor.

Yes, I'm alive but very disappointed. We definately should have won that one, tons of miscues in every phase of the game.

1. Our special teams giving up a HUGE return right off of the bat.

2. Not fair catching two punts and let them bouce an extra 20 yards to kill our field position.

3. Our "veteran" qb throwing a pass straight to the defender while being sacked.

4. Callahan doing his best impression of Herm Edwards at the end of the game. Okay, I was fine with thinking that he just wanted to save his last timeout instead of stopping the clock. But when he challenged an obvious incomplete pass just to ice the kicker on a chipshot field goal, I had to reach down and pick my jaw up off of the floor.

The "icing" the kicker was stupid.

Good game to watch though.

I'm glad you are still with us. How many sodas did you put down today?

Good game really.. Nebraska should use all timeouts during defense to save some seconds for a final offensive drive.. Callahan really thought Texas will miss another FG as he let the clock run down... Unbelievable!!!

Jay Moore was impressive... I checked his size on the team roster and it is 6 4 280... 280???? He looks alot smaller than Ellis who has weight of 285. Anyway, if his speed holds under 4.7 then he should be Jets' OLB next year.

As for Carriker, he definitely is better than Mario Williams. He can do what Peppers has done; Pentrating interior, drop back coverage, pass rusher, side to side runner and line controller. Because his speed is slower than Peppers, he should make a transition to 3-4 end perfectly.

Where is Okam? Hurt or not, Lewis owned this game.

One other thing. Nebraska needs to decide on a freakin' running back and go with him. This shuffling in and out business isn't working and I contribute that to the fact that their run game was putrid today. Brandon Jackson should be our every down back with Glenn coming in on short yardage. Then use Lucky on 3rd. down and bring him in to spell Jackson on occasion. It's just impossible for any one of these guys to get going when they get two carries then get pulled out of the game.

Oh yeah, that doesn't make me feel any better.

The killer was the fumble when Nebraska would have picked up the 1st down.

Right before that play, one of the announccers mentioned that the Texas defense has forced more turnovers than any other team in the country.

Anyway, that was a great college football game.

Archived