Should the Jets consider moving Vilma?

AFJF

Mangini won't switch to a base 4-3 and he shouldn't.

He's seen nothing but success in the 3-4 system. We aren't making a Super Bowl run this year. Let the guys get settled in and let's add some more horses to the stable this offseason.

I would honestly trade Vilma but only if he gets us a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.

Then the entire front 7 needs to be gutted like a fish.

I wouldnt trade Vilma for only a late 1st or early 2nd, no way in hell.

At his age, and the awards he's piled up already, I would want a top 15 pick back and a 3rd rd pick, nothing less. The draft is a crapshoot. If a team wants a MLB, they got a very good one with Vilma, with upside to be great.

I wouldnt trade Vilma for only a late 1st or early 2nd, no way in hell.

At his age, and the awards he's piled up already, I would want a top 15 pick back and a 3rd rd pick, nothing less. The draft is a crapshoot. If a team wants a MLB, they got a very good one with Vilma, with upside to be great.

Gotta agree with the 17-year old Dooshey on this one.

Vilma has far more value than a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.

Unless the Jets get a phenominal offer from a team "one MLB away" who already run a 4-3 defense, Vilma ain't going anywhere.

Gotta agree with the 17-year old Dooshey on this one.

Vilma has far more value than a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.

Unless the Jets get a phenominal offer from a team "one MLB away" who already run a 4-3 defense, Vilma ain't going anywhere.

But TX?

I thought Vilma was just an undersized, overrated MLB who makes all of his tackles 5-7 yards downfield?;)

Just a thought. Maybe with his speed and instincts he'd be able to make more plays when he's not getting hit by an OG or OC on every play. Vilma to OLB and Hobson to ILB? Like I said..just a thought. Im tired of this defense get hammered and Vilma unable to make big plays.

That may help but Vilma is still undersized even for an OLB. Ask Vilma to put on 20-30 lbs and he will lose his speed, which is what his game is mostly based on.

Jets defense won't significantly improve until A) they draft Alan Branch or B) they go back to a 4-3.

Branch is a top 10 draft pick this year, so if the Jets go 7-9 or 8-8 forget about him. We can draft Frank Okam or Quinn Pitc0ck but those guys are better as 4-3 DT's.

Archived