On to the Bears

Boozer76

I'm happy about today's win, but I can't help but be even more pissed about the loss to CLE now. We had a great shot to be 6-3 right now. I really don't think we can afford to fall to 5-5, and one thing is for sure-the Bears cab be beat. Here's how IMO:

We need to beat them with their own medicine-Defense. CHI is going to be gun shy about throwing the ball with Grossman making loads of mistakes. We need to stop the run with aggression on D. Namingly run blitzes that continue on as pass blitzes when CHI runs play action. Grossman makes mistakes when he faces alot of pressure. Muhammed an Berrian arre good receivers, but I wouldn't be afraid to leave our CB's in man against them. If CHI runs PA, make sure either Vilma or Coleman/Rhodes covers the RB if he slips out underneath for a pass and send the rest of the guys after Grossman. This game reminds me alot of the BUF game. We beat them fairly soundly by continuing to force Losman into mistakes. We must do the same to Grossman.

On offense, I think it is best to just take care of the ball. Even in the win today, Chad did not look very good. In fact this is the first game I can remember for a long time where we won despite a lackluster performance from Chad. I really don't think Chad has the ability to throw at will vs CHI, and we likely on't be very effective running the ball either. We MUST take care of the ball and not force anything.

Bottom line-let our D win this game by forcing Grossman into mistakes that lead to points for us.

Just a hunch -- Chad is going to be sore after playing the Bears. They are physical. Like Jacksonville this isn't a great matchup for the Jets.

BUT -- the Bears offense is obviously not good. A big play or two on defense and special teams can make a big difference (much like Morton's punt return for the Gints right now).

We're not going to win this game unless Chad gets us at least 17 points on offense. If we go 3 and out on every possession, I don't care how good our defense plays, our chances of winning are infinitesmally small. And that includes not turning the ball over. No mistakes on offense, 17 points, and I think we can win.

Archived