Last Play of the Game-Question?

PatsFanTX

Pats had the ball on the Jets 45 with 9 seconds left and no timeouts and needed to get to around the 30-32 yard line for a FG. Obviously, any completed pass over the middle, the clock would have expired and the game would have ended.

My question is this:

What if Brady hit Watson on the right hash mark at the 30-yard line. He spins and tries to get out of bounds but a Jets DB has him wrapped up in bounds.

As he is going down, he purposely fumbles the ball backwards out-of bounds with 2 seconds left on the clock.

Do the Pats get a FG attempt or is there some rule for an automatic run-off for a fumble on purpose?

Pats had the ball on the Jets 45 with 9 seconds left and no timeouts and needed to get to around the 30-32 yard line for a FG. Obviously, any completed pass over the middle, the clock would have expired and the game would have ended.

My question is this:

What if Brady hit Watson on the right hash mark at the 30-yard line. He spins and tries to get out of bounds but a Jets DB has him wrapped up in bounds.

As he is going down, he purposely fumbles the ball backwards out-of bounds with 2 seconds left on the clock.

Do the Pats get a FG attempt or is there some rule for an automatic run-off for a fumble on purpose?

Kraft slips the Head Ref a few C-notes.......clock has :02 left on clock.

Isn't that at the discretion of the ref on whetrher he was out or not call.

no tuck rule call? Guess Krafty is getting cheap in his old age...oh wait, Uncle Walt wasn't the head ref this game, that explains it

No. The Patriots right tackle was supposed to hold the Jets player for 3 seconds and then release. This would have given Tom time to get his arm up and start the motion back down. The RT went ole and Tom was only bringing the ball up.

They obviously need more practice on the play.

My question is this:

I'm pretty sure fumbles within 2 minutes cause a clock run off to protect against this..hold on..

Archived