Strength of Schedule

strange_andy

Not stating that the Bears are not a good team (I think they are), but they ranked last in strength of schedule for 2006.

Chicago: OPP WIN % - .445 / OPP WINS - 114 / OPP LOSS - 142

the Jets are ranked 28th.

12 of the 16 games on their schedule are against teams with a losing record at this point of the season.

The Bears have a had quality wins against Seattle and NYG (they were banged up though), near misses with the loss column against the Vikings and Cardinals, and a loss to the underachieving Dolphins.

So, my question is: Are they as good as they seem? or a product of a weak division and schedule?

Discuss...

The Bears have been helped by their schedule but the same can be said for us- no one at the end of the season will care if you win.

We've played the Colts, Patriots twice, and Jaguars. They've played the Giants and Seahawks (both with injuries). I'm willing to put the Jags in the same category as the Giants and Seahawks, but I don't think the Bears would have been able to beat the Colts or Patriots. It just looks really unproven imo. The Colts last year and many years before then were said to be unbeatable, but we've seen how it's turned out. Theres really no such thing as an unbeatable team. The Bears are certainly, perhaps with their schedule as a huge factor, a contender. That's about all you can say before the playoffs end though, for any team. We still have a ways to go ourselves, at the least, the Bears have proven to be pretty consistent. We haven't done that yet.

We've played the Colts, Patriots twice, and Jaguars. They've played the Giants and Seahawks (both with injuries). I'm willing to put the Jags in the same category as the Giants and Seahawks, but I don't think the Bears would have been able to beat the Colts or Patriots. It just looks really unproven imo. The Colts last year and many years before then were said to be unbeatable, but we've seen how it's turned out. Theres really no such thing as an unbeatable team. The Bears are certainly, perhaps with their schedule as a huge factor, a contender. That's about all you can say before the playoffs end though, for any team. We still have a ways to go ourselves, at the least, the Bears have proven to be pretty consistent. We haven't done that yet.

Agreed the Bears have shown the consistency so far that we hope to achieve- one thing you realize there is no great team out there- the ones that can mix talent, coaching and get on a roll playoff time will be the Super Bowl champ

Archived