Jon Gruden in hot water

faba

Copyright 2006 PewterReport.com

Just minutes after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Washington Redskins 20-17 at Raymond James Stadium to move to 3-7 on the season, Pewter Report asked head coach Jon Gruden about a report by Ira Kaufman in Sunday

Copyright 2006 PewterReport.com

Just minutes after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Washington Redskins 20-17 at Raymond James Stadium to move to 3-7 on the season, Pewter Report asked head coach Jon Gruden about a report by Ira Kaufman in Sunday’s Tampa Tribune that alleged that he was putting out “feelers” to the Dallas Cowboys regarding employment next year.

While being somewhat diplomatic about the article because the Tampa Tribune is a Pewter Partner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Gruden was clearly agitated by the report and was animated in his response to it.

“Some (expletive) idiot wrote that article, okay?” Gruden said. “I’m committed to being in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It’s the only job I’ve ever wanted. I’d like to let you feel this (Chucky face) right now – anybody saying that. Do you know what I mean? I’m here as long as the Glazers will have me. It’s the greatest franchise in football. We’re on our way up and we have a lot of young guys playing. Somebody pointed that out to me (the article) and that’s laughable, really. I like the Tampa Tribune. I subscribe to it, but whoever wrote that article needs to have his head examined. I don’t like that.”

Other than the (lack of) overuse of metaphors, analogies, and the repeated use of the word "obviously," this is almost exactly what Herm said 12 months earlier.

He's a good coach(which is a major difference between Gruden and Edwards). But there was much the same thing when he was leaving the Raiders. Tampa might not be so wonderful, but why anyone wants to go to be the ringmaster in Jerry Jones' circus is beyond me. Tampa right now is a better job.

Archived