Re-sign Bryan Thomas?

BigOrangeJetFan

Have a link to an article from Pasquarelli in today's ESPN NFL section, where he lists the upcoming free agents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2674183

Bryan Thomas is listed (way down the list........).

But anyway, he has played a lot better this year and is well suited to the 3-4. Should Tangini be proactive and extend his contract?

Also......any other names on the list that would help the Jets next yr?

Thomas is so damn hard to figure out. I think they should resign him but not break the bank for him.

I thought he would excel at rushing the QB and be lost in pass coverage. He is pretty much the exact opposite. Damn you Terry Bradway.

Gotta resign BT.

He has a year of experience in the system and will only improve.

If we were to sign 4-3 players like adalius and briggs we would be taking steps backward.

Thomas matches those guys physically and is starting to bring it.

I don't want another James Farrior incident.

Hobson & BT have both performed well this year, Hobson the better of the two, but if we weren't in a position to grab / weren't interested in Gaines Adams from Clemson or Lamarr Woodley from Michigan I wouldn't be opposed to re-signing BT to a 3, 4 year deal.

Thinking about this a little more I think having a guy like him who knows the system is a decent idea i just hope that they make a hard run at Thomas too because he's the kind of pass rushing impact player we need.

If you bring in a better pass rushing option, you can just move Thomas to NT. He would have to lose 20 pounds but a few McDonald's runs should take care of that. \:D/

Archived