****THE OFFICIAL JETS VS BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD****

BP

I am not arguing the fact that Chad probably does give us the best chance to win a game this season. Obviously he does. I also don't expect a first year coach, who by all accounts is doing a hell of a job, to make such a bold move as Mike Shanahan did in his first year as a HC. To do so and not make the playoffs is nearly committing career suicide. When you have a couple SB rings on your fingers you can get away with a move like that.

Truthfully I expect Mangini to play Pennington next week. And truthfully I expect Chad to have a relatively bland to poor game. MIN has the best rushing D in the league, and while they do not hav that great of a passing D, they do have playmakers. they will not need to stack the line to stop our run so I fully expect them to shut down Chad in the air. Other than our D holding MIN to less than 17 points AND scoring on D/SpT's, I really don't see us beating them. Furthermore, with the way MIA's D is playing right now, I REALLY don't expect Chad to do squat against them if he gets that opportunity.

If you are asking me to predict the future, Chad has another crappy game vs MIN, we lose and then Mangini finally goes with Clemens for the last 2 games of the year.

If he benches Chad, he also risks losing Coles, and Coles is a vocal player that probably has support in the locker room. There are a multitude of good reasons to stick with Chad this year, although I do not think his play is one of them. However, these reasons can't justify starting Chad next year, we need another QB for next year. Clemens is a wasted pick if the CS doesn't think he can be that guy, we could have used the 2nd round pick on a number of other needs. Clemens has had a year on the bench, and he really needs to be handed the team next year. He might be a little short, but his arm strength is supposed to be good, and hopefully he is durable. I'd rather we drafted a QB with all the physical tools to begin with, but Clemens hopefully has enough.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont get how all these receivers who played or play with chad love him if he sucks so bad.

Maybe that should tell you something.

1. Either he doesn't suck quite so bad as you think, or

2. Our WRs are morons despite Mangini's attempts at obtaining Wonderlic wonders.

actually there is a

3. It's possible the alternatives are truly awful.

2. Our WRs are morons despite Mangini's attempts at obtaining Wonderlic wonders.

actually there is a

or more likelt

4. The WRs are team players and will back Chad as long as he's the QB.

actually there is a

Besides TO, who was the last WR who called his QB onto the floor? Especially when playing for a coach with such strict guidelines in terms of media discussion? Do you think it is any coincidence that Coles' best season in his career came while playing for a different (though agreeably inferoir) QB?

How many physically gifted qbs have won the game compared to game managers? Especially recently? Brady. Period. You replace the parts you can replace and you cross your fingers on the rest.

Rofl you have a HORRIBLE memory.

Lets see, in recent history lets look at some QB's who won the Super Bowl who had the physical Attributes to play the position. (Height + Above average arm str.)

Tom Brady (6-4 225)

Ben Roethlisberger (6-5 241)

Brad Johnson (6-5 226)

John Elway (6-3 215)

Troy Aikman (6-4 220)

Which by the way account for 8 of the last 11 Super Bowls. So much for your "game manager" (aka weak armed) QB theory huh. By all accounts Clemens is 6-2 when wearing high heels and on 4 phonebooks btw, they say he is about 6-0 in real life.

Archived