****THE OFFICIAL JETS VS BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD****

BP

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok chad sucks why waste years with him sucking up the center with hsi hick accent talking about his performance..i platyed bad! chad pennington blows...look at him suliing on the sideline shaking his head

Would you prefer he were laughing on the sidelines and signing autographs like TO? Give me a break. Chad played like crap. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. Big deal. It's not surprising. They've won games they weren't supposed to and lost games they were supposed to win. It's not all Chad's fault either way. Plenty of it is, but not all of it. It's not Chad's fault he's still starting, it's Mangini's. When Clemens is ready he should get his shot. If not Mangini is Herm-Lite.

I don't think we should put Clemens in this season, it's way too late for him to get any exp out of this, and how is he even going to be prepared? He's been the third QB, he's barely gotten any snaps all year even in practice.

When then?

Next year when you continue the rebuilding process and have used that cap space, draft picks and signed free agents?

No. He will have no experience and you want to contend. See the cycle you are in? Same one you were in 6 years ago with VT and Chad. Maybe, if you discovered then what you know now about Chad you would have drafted a real NFL QB.

Is this a serious question?

Fear of the unknown is for pvssies. Look-I dunno what happens from now until the end of the season at QB. But I know we now have a CS that isn't going to baby anyone or blow sunshine up a stinky butt. It's gonna change and soon.

Fear of the unknown is for pvssies. Look-I dunno what happens from now until the end of the season at QB. But I know we now have a CS that isn't going to baby anyone or blow sunshine up a stinky butt. It's gonna change and soon.

I completely agree. Fear of the unknown is the exact formula that would have Herm Edwards coaching this team and Vinny T playing QB.

When then?

Next year when you continue the rebuilding process and have used that cap space, draft picks and signed free agents?

No. He will have no experience and you want to contend. See the cycle you are in? Same one you were in 6 years ago with VT and Chad. Maybe, if you discovered then what you know now about Chad you would have drafted a real NFL QB.

Yes, next year. Or the change should have been made after the Browns game, with the bye week to give Clemens some time to get some practice. We already knew what we were getting with Chad weeks ago, I don't understand the knee-jerk reaction now. We are still in the playoff race even with this loss, so the same arguments that applied weeks ago still apply now, and you yourself posted the argument in your last post. How can you and others turn around now and claim Clemens should get the starts now?

Yes. If Chad isn't the answer what is?

To give Kellen Clemens a shot and see what he's made of. Considering how all the other rookie QBs are playing and the Clemens would have been drafted just as high as them if he never broke his leg he's probably worth a shot.

EDIT: Kellen should only play if we blow it next week and are actually out of the playoff race. If we have a chance for the playoffs a change is stupid.

If the big selling point on Pennington is accuracy over a big arm, 13 TDs against 13 INTs is not good argument for Chad keeping his job. I don't know how yo can jdge any running abcks since any defense playing the Jets has every of their 11 defenders witin 6-8 yards of the LOS.

The announcer of this game was completely correct. Neither on defense or on offense, save for CP, does this team have someone who can lift the entire team and change the face of the game. We just don't have that. We will only go so far as the right arm of Chad Pennington will take us. He just does not have the weapons around him or the defense good enough to just be a manager of the game. And that in the end, may be our undoing.

Yes, next year. Or the change should have been made after the Browns game, with the bye week to give Clemens some time to get some practice. We already knew what we were getting with Chad weeks ago, I don't understand the knee-jerk reaction now. We are still in the playoff race even with this loss, so the same arguments that applied weeks ago still apply now, and you yourself posted the argument in your last post. How can you and others turn around now and claim Clemens should get the starts now?

They couldn't put Clemens in right after the bye. Chad was due his incentive right at that mark, had they done so the rest of the players in the league would have construed that as the Jets weaseling their way out of paying incintives. Try signing a free agent after doing that.

Chad is not the answer to our future. I have no confidence in him EVER putting the team solely on his shoulders. When any other aspect of the team plays poorly, he will not overcome that. Most other teams in the NFL go as their QB goes, but the good QB's can overcome when the D or other aspects may not be having their best game. Chad can't.

Why not put Clemens in now? We drafted him for the future. Give him game experience now so he's a little more prepared for next year.

Chad played small again in a big game. I just cant wait till the Jets make the change they need. I am sure the Chad apologists will spin this loss to everyone including the ball boys and fan in section 124 but this loss is on Chad and Chad alone.

I also don't believe Clemems is the answer. I am totally unimpressed with the little I saw of Clemens as well but I'd like the Jets to give him real game situations and see how he does. I am kind of tired of the Jets getting these physically challenged QB's. Its like the franchise has Browning Nagle-itis and is afraid to draft physically gifted QB's. I want a strong armed tall QB for the team not a short guy or a guy with a weak arm. I'd rather take a chance on a QB with the physical attributes needed to play the position than a person like Chad who never had the arm strength needed to play the position, and his injuries made his weak arm weaker.

he pulls this in every big game that matters. I'm sick of it.

I'm so very, very sick of it. Hackett knew what he was dealing with and I sincerely retract all the evil I wished on that guy. Wide receivers aren't helping? My ****ing ass. If McNair or a host of other guys were throwing here, we would occupy half the plane to Hawaii. But the saddest part of it all is Chad Pennington will be our starting QB next week.

They couldn't put Clemens in right after the bye. Chad was due his incentive right at that mark, had they done so the rest of the players in the league would have construed that as the Jets weaseling their way out of paying incintives. Try signing a free agent after doing that.

Chad is not the answer to our future. I have no confidence in him EVER putting the team solely on his shoulders. When any other aspect of the team plays poorly, he will not overcome that. Most other teams in the NFL go as their QB goes, but the good QB's can overcome when the D or other aspects may not be having their best game. Chad can't.

Why not put Clemens in now? We drafted him for the future. Give him game experience now so he's a little more prepared for next year.

Interesting argument Boozer, would that mean that Mangini isn't actually playing to win, or the best QB on the roster? I wonder where that leaves the Chadinette argument on Mangini's decision to go with Chad being de facto proof that he's better than Clemens could possibly be this season.

Chad played small again in a big game. I just cant wait till the Jets make the change they need. I am sure the Chad apologists will spin this loss to everyone including the ball boys and fan in section 124 but this loss is on Chad and Chad alone.

I also don't believe Clemems is the answer. I am totally unimpressed with the little I saw of Clemens as well but I'd like the Jets to give him real game situations and see how he does. I am kind of tired of the Jets getting these physically challenged QB's. Its like the franchise has Browning Nagle-itis and is afraid to draft physically gifted QB's. I want a strong armed tall QB for the team not a short guy or a guy with a weak arm. I'd rather take a chance on a QB with the physical attributes needed to play the position than a person like Chad who never had the arm strength needed to play the position, and his injuries made his weak arm weaker.

Chad played like crap. This was not a big game. It was the Bills at home. It was a typical game. Every NFL game is as big as this one at this point, unless you are the Raiders. Chad may well have had the arm strength before his first arm injury, but he's no Namath. By your criteria you would pass on Joe Montana.

PS: The Jets traded up to go for Favre, but Atlanta traded ahead and took him. That's what started the Nagle era-otherwise known as "a strong arm isn't everything."

The announcer of this game was completely correct. Neither on defense or on offense, save for CP, does this team have someone who can lift the entire team and change the face of the game. We just don't have that. We will only go so far as the right arm of Chad Pennington will take us. He just does not have the weapons around him or the defense good enough to just be a manager of the game. And that in the end, may be our undoing.

When has Chad raised this team since 2003?

He has raised their draft position.

Interesting argument Boozer, would that mean that Mangini isn't actually playing to win, or the best QB on the roster? I wonder where that leaves the Chadinette argument on Mangini's decision to go with Chad being de facto proof that he's better than Clemens could possibly be this season.

I am not arguing the fact that Chad probably does give us the best chance to win a game this season. Obviously he does. I also don't expect a first year coach, who by all accounts is doing a hell of a job, to make such a bold move as Mike Shanahan did in his first year as a HC. To do so and not make the playoffs is nearly committing career suicide. When you have a couple SB rings on your fingers you can get away with a move like that.

Truthfully I expect Mangini to play Pennington next week. And truthfully I expect Chad to have a relatively bland to poor game. MIN has the best rushing D in the league, and while they do not hav that great of a passing D, they do have playmakers. they will not need to stack the line to stop our run so I fully expect them to shut down Chad in the air. Other than our D holding MIN to less than 17 points AND scoring on D/SpT's, I really don't see us beating them. Furthermore, with the way MIA's D is playing right now, I REALLY don't expect Chad to do squat against them if he gets that opportunity.

If you are asking me to predict the future, Chad has another crappy game vs MIN, we lose and then Mangini finally goes with Clemens for the last 2 games of the year.

Chad played like crap. This was not a big game. It was the Bills at home. It was a typical game. Every NFL game is as big as this one at this point, unless you are the Raiders. Chad may well have had the arm strength before his first arm injury, but he's no Namath. By your criteria you would pass on Joe Montana.

PS: The Jets traded up to go for Favre, but Atlanta traded ahead and took him. That's what started the Nagle era-otherwise known as "a strong arm isn't everything."

For every Joe Montana there is a Chad Pennington. Just like for every Browning Nagle there is a Peyton Manning. I'd love to see how many physically gifted QB's make it compared to flawed QB's who are given titles such as "game managers" or "good decision makers". I'd bet you would have a higher sucess rate with those given the tools to succeed.

For every Joe Montana there is a Chad Pennington. Just like for every Browning Nagle there is a Peyton Manning. I'd love to see how many physically gifted QB's make it compared to flawed QB's who are given titles such as "game managers" or "good decision makers". I'd bet you would have a higher sucess rate with those given the tools to succeed.

How many physically gifted qbs have won the game compared to game managers? Especially recently? Brady. Period. You replace the parts you can replace and you cross your fingers on the rest.

Archived