LT gets the record!!

serphnx

Just got his 29th, 3rd TD of the day. And there are still 3 games to go...geez.

The announcers mentioned something else though that bodes well for LT's career, Marty has seriously cut down on LT's practice time, and won't play him in preseason. The Falcons traded Vick for this guy? lol...

Just got his 29th, 3rd TD of the day. And there are still 3 games to go...geez.

The announcers mentioned something else though that bodes well for LT's career, Marty has seriously cut down on LT's practice time, and won't play him in preseason. The Falcons traded Vick for this guy? lol...

Anyone want to argue LT's greatness now?

He is great. He is making a serious run at being G.O.A.T.

Anyone want to argue LT's greatness now?

He is great. He is making a serious run at being G.O.A.T.

Mark my words-If Tomlinson remains healthy and doesn't retire prematurely he will without question be the best of all time. He ill end up with more rushing yards, more receiving yards (for a RB), more all purpose yards, and more TD's than any player in the hisroy of the game. So many more that you won't even be able to dispute that he plays in more games per season than some of the historic RB's. He's that good.

Vick's over-ratedness prevents people from talking about how dumb that trade was.

Might have been the most lop-sided trade since Herschel Walker.

i think Mike Vick has brought in alot more money through marketability than any other player over the last 4 or 5 years

atlanta probably made mad bank on that, and the NFL is a business so I don't think these guys are disapointed

Mark my words-If Tomlinson remains healthy and doesn't retire prematurely he will without question be the best of all time. He ill end up with more rushing yards, more receiving yards (for a RB), more all purpose yards, and more TD's than any player in the hisroy of the game. So many more that you won't even be able to dispute that he plays in more games per season than some of the historic RB's. He's that good.

lol he's got a longggg way to go boozer

i think Mike Vick has brought in alot more money through marketability than any other player over the last 4 or 5 years

atlanta probably made mad bank on that, and the NFL is a business so I don't think these guys are disapointed

Atlanta is one of the worse fan bases in the league. They hate Vick right now. The bank made is by Madden, ESPN and Vick himself.

LT is far far superior to that fake of a QB it's not even funny.

I think the diparity would not be nearly as great as you think. Jamal Anderson was the face of the Falcons when they went to the SB, and you couldn't see an NFL bit that didn't completely drool over the guy. That was even during the Terrell Davis years. If LT was in a large market, the amount of press and recognition he would receive would be astronomical.

From the perspective of a money-hungry owner, yes.

For someone that actually cares about winning, no.

He does not have that long to go.

He will hit 10K next year. He is already over 10K in total yards and over 100 in TDs.

Booz and I are in agreement. SHort of injury or Barry Sandersitis, he will destroy the record book.

He does not have that long to go.

He will hit 10K next year. He is already over 10K in total yards and over 100 in TDs.

Booz and I are in agreement. SHort of injury or Barry Sandersitis, he will destroy the record book.

he's not even half way to Emmit on rushing yards, and he's still a good 98 touchdowns away from Jerry Rice

total rushing yards:

Emmit Smith: 18,355

Tomlinson so far: 8,788

total career TD:

Jerry Rice: 207

Tomlinson so far: 109

total rushing td

Emmit Smith: 164

Tomlinson so far: 98

total yards (rush and recieving)

Jerry Rice: 23,540

Tomlinson so far: 11659

Not too long. If he keeps doing what he is doing for then next 5 years, he's gonna be right there.

If you project his stats for the remainder of this year taking his averages in rushing, rushing TD's, rec, and receiving TD's and add that to his stats up to the biginning of this year, ihe'll look like this total:

9117 ru yds, 2981 re yds, 126 pa yds, 12,226 all purpose yds, 104 ru TD's, 12 re TD's, 6 passing TD's, 132 total TD's.

Average that out for 5 more years and he will look like this:

16,714 ru yds, 5465 re yds, 231 pa yds, 22,414 all purpose yds, 191 ru TD's, 22 re TD's, 11 pa TD's, 224 total TD's.

He would be 2nd all time in rushing yds (E Smith most at 18, 355), 2nd in all purpose yds (Rice 23,540), 1st in TD's (Rice 2nd with 208).

The difference is E Smith took 15 years to compile his stats, Rice took 21 to compile his. The stats I compile for LT would be over an 11 year span. Considering he likely will not play as well as his average say in years 10 and 11, I will compensate it for the fact that he'll probably play for a total of about 14 years Barring Injury.

He's been doing this his entire career, he is not a case ala Priest Holmnes or even M Faulk where he suddenly has a short string of fantastic years. He's been the best or at least among the best in the game from the moment he stepped on the field. I stand by my prediction, unless he misses significant time due to injury, he will become the greatest RB of all time. By a mile!!

I dont see LT breaking any of those 4 catagories

You have a right to that opinion. Personally speaking I do feel he'll break at least one of them. I know you are a big fan of Vick, and honestly I think you are letting that get in the way of your evaluation of Tomlinson at least a little bit.

Records

• Tomlinson holds the all-time NFL record for most touchdowns in a season (29 in 2006).
  • Tomlinson holds the all-time NFL record for most consecutive games with a rushing touchdown (18).
  • Tomlinson holds the all-time NFL record for most consecutive games with a run of 10 yards or greater (61). He set this record on December 10, 2006 in a game against the Denver Broncos, breaking the previous record of 60 that Barry Sanders had when he retired.
  • Tomlinson shares the record for most consecutive games with a touchdown score (rushing or receiving) with Hall of Fame fullback Lenny Moore.
  • Tomlinson is tied for second place for most career 200 yard rushing games. He needs two more to tie with Hall of Famer O.J. Simpson for first.
  • In 2000 while at TCU, Tomlinson rushed for a career high and season high 2,158 yards, the fourth most ever in a single collegiate season.
  • Tomlinson has the NCAA Division I-A record for most rushing yards in a game with 406.
  • Tomlinson is the San Diego Chargers' All-Time leading rusher.
  • Tomlinson has the most career touchdowns in San Diego Chargers history, surpassing Hall of Famer Lance Alworth.
  • Tomlinson had an NFL record 80 touchdowns in his first five seasons.
  • In 2006, Tomlinson tied Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith in second place for the fewest games needed to reach 90 touchdowns (both are second to Hall of Famer Jim Brown).
  • On November 19, 2006, he became the fastest player to reach 100 touchdowns, with his 100th career touchdown (90 rushing, 10 receiving) in his 89th game (breaking the previous record of achieving this mark in the 93rd game held by both Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith).
  • On November 12, 2006, in a Chargers' 49-41 comeback win over the Cincinnati Bengals, LaDainian Tomlinson broke Jim Brown's record for most touchdowns scored in a five game span(14) with 15 TDs.
  • On November 19, 2006, he became the second player in NFL history to score 4 touchdowns in 2 straight games along with Marshall Faulk.
  • On November 26, 2006, in a Chargers' comeback win over the Oakland Raiders, LaDainian Tomlinson broke his own record for most touchdowns scored in a five game span (15) with 16 TDs (14 rushing, 2 receiving).
  • On December 10, 2006, in a Chargers' victory over Denver, he broke the Single Season Touchdown Record with 29.

Archived