jets make roster move

jetsrule128

The New York Jets announced Saturday, 12/16, that they waived LB Ryan Riddle at the same time the club also moved FB Stacy Tutt from the practice squad to the active roster. Tutt, the University Richmond alum, is a converted college QB who participated in the Jets 2006 training camp he will be with the team in Minnesota on Sunday when the Jets meet the Vikings at the Metrodome. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 PM.

you think askew and Hodgins are hurt?

also puts the roster back at 60 .i hate having 60

if you can have 61 why have 60

if tutt is active tomorrow we can drive the defence crazy with smith and tutt

The released outside linebacker Ryan Riddle, and promoted fullback Stacey Tutt from the practice squad.

Why this move was made, we can't tell you. We asked a Jets official for an explanation.

"Head coach's decision," said Jets VP Ron Colangelo.

So why would the head coach make this decision?

Well considering Tutt has played fullback for six months, it can't be for help at that position.

Remember he was a quarterback at Richmond, and the Jets signed him as a rookie free agent after the 2006 draft, and moved him to fullback.

There is no way they are going to trust him at fullback so early in his maturation process, especially against the Minnesota Vikings, the #1 run defense in the NFL.

In fact, he might not even be active.

As for Riddle, it's hard to figure out why he was released since he wasn't given much of a chance to show what he can do.

He was stuck behind Matt Chatham, who rarely makes any plays, yet Riddle rarely got a chance to play.

So why this move was made. Your guess is as good as our's.

The New York Jets announced Saturday, 12/16, that they waived LB Ryan Riddle at the same time the club also moved FB Stacy Tutt from the practice squad to the active roster. Tutt, the University Richmond alum, is a converted college QB who participated in the Jets 2006 training camp he will be with the team in Minnesota on Sunday when the Jets meet the Vikings at the Metrodome. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 PM.

you think askew and Hodgins are hurt?

also puts the roster back at 60 .i hate having 60

if you can have 61 why have 60

if tutt is active tomorrow we can drive the defence crazy with smith and tutt

Askew IS hurt 128-maybe worse than we originally thought..

The released outside linebacker Ryan Riddle, and promoted fullback Stacey Tutt from the practice squad.

Why this move was made, we can't tell you. We asked a Jets official for an explanation.

"Head coach's decision," said Jets VP Ron Colangelo.

So why would the head coach make this decision?

Well considering Tutt has played fullback for six months, it can't be for help at that position.

Remember he was a quarterback at Richmond, and the Jets signed him as a rookie free agent after the 2006 draft, and moved him to fullback.

There is no way they are going to trust him at fullback so early in his maturation process, especially against the Minnesota Vikings, the #1 run defense in the NFL.

In fact, he might not even be active.

As for Riddle, it's hard to figure out why he was released since he wasn't given much of a chance to show what he can do.

He was stuck behind Matt Chatham, who rarely makes any plays, yet Riddle rarely got a chance to play.

So why this move was made. Your guess is as good as our's.

Come on, this isn't hard to figure out.

Special teams.

I really don't rate Hodgins,he was awful against the texans and was probably the main reason we struggled against the run.The guy just doesn't connect on his blocks.

Askew does a pretty good job on hitting his man and taking him out of the play.Was he deactivated last week because of injury?

from andrew gross

The Jets have made a minor roster move, releasing linebacker Ryan Riddle and signing fullback Stacy Tutt off their practice roster.

Tutt, an undrafted free agent out of Richmond (and a converted quarterback like Brad Smith), joins safety Jamie Thompson and wide receiver as recent additions off the practice roster.

On the surface, it seems a bit of a curious move since the Jets already have fullbacks B.J. Askew and James Hodgins.

I wish I could give you some brilliant analysis here but I

I'm guessing Askew will once again be inactive and Tutt will play the back-up FB role to Hodgins. Ryan Riddle wasn't doing anything anyway, why not give some of the young guys some looks in real time action? It should be interesting to see if he's active and then see if he actually gets into the game.

from andrew gross

The Jets have made a minor roster move, releasing linebacker Ryan Riddle and signing fullback Stacy Tutt off their practice roster.

Tutt, an undrafted free agent out of Richmond (and a converted quarterback like Brad Smith), joins safety Jamie Thompson and wide receiver as recent additions off the practice roster.

On the surface, it seems a bit of a curious move since the Jets already have fullbacks B.J. Askew and James Hodgins.

I wish I could give you some brilliant analysis here but I

Archived