Despite Loss, Mets Doing well!

Latinlawyer

First 5 games 0 wins 5 losses

Next 14 games 10 wins 4 losses

Willie has the Mets amped up and ready to play every game aggressively. However, I have some major questions about this team:

1) Zambrano: Peterson said he could fix him in 10 mins...well, its been more than 10 mins and we havent seen jack squat.

2) Glavine: I didn't like signing him because of his finesse game but...now he looks like a pitcher that MUST get every call by an ump or else he can get roughed up.

3) Piazza: Man, I love Mike but it seems his best days are behind him...he can't catch up to the fastball as in prior years and breaking balls away from him eat him up.

4) Matsui: I don't get him, he seems like an average fielder and his batting is ok. I hope that he can hit effectively down the stretch and that he can roam the 2b side of the infield effectively as time passes.

5) Cameron - Do we forsake Victor Diaz because this whiny ex-cf comes back? Victor diaz is a monster and cameron is King K. I say we show case cameron and then trade his ass!

The Positives

1) Victor Diaz- This guy is a monster at the plate and NEEDS to stay in the lineup! Look at what he has done in the 8 hole!

2) Pedro- He has been pitching LIGHTS out!

3) Beltran - The guy is just a massive hitter and fielder...great pickup by Minaya.

4) Wright - Showing some great signs at the plate...developing Scott Rolen type hitting and fielding

5) Willie Randolph - Very very happy with him as manager. The guy is aggressive and preaches moving the runners as opposed to big boppin all the time!

LL

LL

The trade I hated then last year to get Zambrano- terrible move to let go of Kazmir

I love Diaz- trade Cameron for pitching help hopefully.

I had some reservations initally with Willie but I started to like him the more I read about him and his background- New York guy- class individual.

LL

The trade I hated then last year to get Zambrano- terrible move to let go of Kazmir

I love Diaz- trade Cameron for pitching help hopefully.

I had some reservations initally with Willie but I started to like him the more I read about him and his background- New York guy- class individual.

I must admit, I had reservations on Willie as well, but my reservations were unfounded. He is a good coach and he has them playing at a high level.

As for the Kazmir trade, I have to believe that Kazmir's cockiness made Leiter and that braintrust believe he was unfit longterm to be a pitcher. Plus supposedly his slight frame would cause problems. UGH, Zambrano is a head case who can't get his pitches right. I dont like that deal at all.

I am just excited that the mets are playing good ball..

LL

Archived