Patriots Planet playoff game discussion thread

jetfan4hire

Dirtywater posted this about us a few months ago:

Classic actually. biggrin.gif

Too bad none of the untalented, unoriginal bastards over at JN made it. They are a bunch of frauds over there.

For real Jet football talk go to theganggreen.com or jetsinsider.

JetNation is about 12 or so 15 year olds, constantly talking smack. think Finheaven's "Depths of the Sea" thread, except that is their only forum.

The funny part is I guarantee our average age is much older here. We have gone out of our way to avoid the 13 year old poster. DW can dish it out but he can't take it. Maybe he is a good guy. It is possible that the Pats fans that came here before him ruined the experience for him because all they wanted to do is talk smack. Oh well, doesn't much matter now.

Just read that entire thread. The Pats are great, the Jets suck despite beating the Pats the last time the two teams played and you are only a good fan if you know how to use photoshop. Oh and they have a forum called ASSCLOWN.

Yes -- but JetNation is juvenille, gotcha.

Any Jets fan that was being honest would tell you that:

-The Jets are HUGE underdogs in this game.

-It will be very hard for them to win.

-They are going to have to execute a nearly perfect game on offense.

-They will need points from the defense or special teams (or a big play resulting in prime field position).

-That the outcome isn't as important. Seriously this is a rebuilding year for the Jets. They cut their best offensive player. They traded their best defensive player. They turned the cap situation around. All in one year. They went 10 and 6. Broke the slide against the Pats in the regular season. And made the playoffs. In a year that people had ZERO expectations. You can tell there are still zero expectations as they are 8.5 point underdogs.

Any Pats fan that was being honest would tell you that:

-This is a no win game for the Pats. They beat the Jets and earn what? Bragging rights that the Pats are better? lol, oh okay -- yes you guys are still better if you win. Something about a wild card victory though that makes it sting not so much after seeing Brady win all those damn Lombardi's.

-That the Jets have a shot in this game. They won the last meeting up there. Great, the Pats are favorite. But the Jets have a shot.

-Also that the Pats are not the same team. They are easier to gameplan against, they have no receivers. They are not the same offensive team. Brady is still Brady -- but can you guys give him a weapon that isn't a TE already?

I will leave the smack talk to everyone else. Not a big fan of the personal insults. I am just excited that the Jets made the playoffs. I am excited that they are headed in the right direction. I root and I hope they win Sunday. But if they don't I will be the 1st to congratulate them on a great season.

Archived