Asante Samuel?

MikeJetsWord

well i will say this about cornerbacks.

they get expendencially better as the Defensive Line improves.

I wouldnt spend 8 mill on a corner unless I was sure of two things:

1. He will be a perennial All-pro

2. Jets will vastly improve our defensive line in 2007.

So what do you guys think he is worth signing for?

How much do you think he will be asking for?

If the Pats wern't even in the ballpark of what he was asking for then maybe it is to much and we should go for Nate.

Please, no more former Pats added to this team

Why?

That's just sour grapes.

They are a perfect fit, afterall we are trying to build NEW ENGLAND south.

I'd love to have Samuel on this squad.

Who else was pulling their hair out when Brady was throwing those vintage 6-8 yard sideline patterns?

They were AUTOMATIC.

We didn't have ANYONE skilled enough to cover that.

Why not get someone who can?

as far as the 2006 franchise tag amounts he is. This is what NFL releases before season starts in February base don 2005 contracts.

According to Peter King, the tag amount for Samuel next year would be $7.8 million:

"The Patriots have to pay Asante Samuel, who's due to be a free-agent at the end of the year. Either that, or they need to franchise him at $7.8 million for 2007".

According to Peter King, the tag amount for Samuel next year would be $7.8 million:

"The Patriots have to pay Asante Samuel, who's due to be a free-agent at the end of the year. Either that, or they need to franchise him at $7.8 million for 2007".

if the tag went up 2 mill in one year, and at samuels age, he would be a steal at 7.8

The Patriots don't pay their players top dollar and Samuel will be getting top dollar on the free agent market. If I were Mangini I would do everything in my power to sign Samuel and bring him in here to team with with Dyson as our 1-2 CB tandem would be VERY, VERY good.

The Patriots don't pay their players top dollar and Samuel will be getting top dollar on the free agent market. If I were Mangini I would do everything in my power to sign Samuel and bring him in here to team with with Dyson as our 1-2 CB tandem would be VERY, VERY good.

agree, but we cant leave them on a island by themselves.

we have to improve the def line pressure.

Archived