The Best players on the New York Jets this year were....

Columbia Jet Fan

1. Kerry Rhodes

2. Lavernius Coles

3. Ben Graham

4. Jerricho Cotchery

5. Mike Nugent

Honorable Mention: Nick Mangold, Pete Kendall, Chad Pennington, Jonathan Vilma, Bryan Thomas

I am doing this more as a how good of a shot they had to get to the pro bowl as opposed to how important they were to this team kind of deal. I would much rather have Cotchery as opposed to Graham but I think Graham might very well be the best or second best punter in the AFC. I also thought about putting Justin Miller on there as a KR but his inefficiency at cb is too grand for him to warrant a spot on the best PLAYERS on the NYJ this year.

Changes? Thoughts?

Graham is a bit overrated, he has a very strong leg but he's terrible at putting it inside the 20 and he cost us the 1st NE w/ that 10 yd punt at the end of the 1st half.

1. Rhodes

2. Coles

3. Chad(w/o Chad we win about 5 games- he was truly our Most valuable Player)

4. Cotchery

5. Thomas

1. Kerry Rhodes

2. Lavernius Coles

3. Ben Graham

4. Jerricho Cotchery

5. Mike Nugent

You put a punter and kicker on you list over a rookie center who started all 17 games and played extremeley solid and consistent? :eek:

And you also left off the Jets most consistent defensive player of the year. Bryan Thomas.

1. Kerry Rhodes

2. Lavernius Coles

3. Ben Graham

4. Jerricho Cotchery

5. Mike Nugent

Honorable Mention: Nick Mangold, Pete Kendall, Chad Pennington, Jonathan Vilma, Bryan Thomas

I am doing this more as a how good of a shot they had to get to the pro bowl as opposed to how important they were to this team kind of deal. I would much rather have Cotchery as opposed to Graham but I think Graham might very well be the best or second best punter in the AFC. I also thought about putting Justin Miller on there as a KR but his inefficiency at cb is too grand for him to warrant a spot on the best PLAYERS on the NYJ this year.

Changes? Thoughts?

Pennington proves all the doubters wrong and had a miracle recovery. The story of the last six years is quite simple. No Pennington... no playoffs, regardless of coaching staff or surrounding players.

I also thought about putting Justin Miller on there as a KR but his inefficiency at cb is too grand for him to warrant a spot on the best PLAYERS on the NYJ this year.

Changes? Thoughts?

I think Justin Miller took a lot of unfair criticism for his CB play.He got a couple bad PI calls go against him where he had great coverage.He's been in great position at times.I think he's our guy at corner after a whole off season of work.

Archived