Marcus McNeill is a beast

SpartanJet

Watching this game I am so impressed with Marcus McNeill he is just manhandling the Pats where Brick last week was struggling. Its unbelievable the difference between him a much more cost effective 2nd round pick over an overpriced undersized weak run blocker Brick. I think this was our largest mistake in the draft, I had always said you don't take an OT at 4 unless he is a physical beast like Ogden who is a premier pass AND run blocker.

Oh well let me have my 30 seconds to dream of a draft with the Jets taking Culter, Mangold, and McNeill which would take us to an exciting future rather than a OT taking too much cap room who is a weak run blocker, and a poor QB weak armed game (mis)manager Pennington. Ok im done.

I cant stress enough how impressed I am with this rookie.

there is no doubt that we should of stayed away from D'Brick at 4. I believe that the pick may eventually pay off but before this year coaches wanted Brick to put on weight like 10-15 lbs before the season, and he was skeptical, because he felt he would be ''fat'' then and it wouldnt work. Brick looks skinny out there, but now I think he realizes He needs the extra weight. And you are right about Marcus McNeill, He is a monster out there- 6' 8'' 335 lbs. - thats wat it does for ya

I heard that about McNeil, but our DT has some sort of degenerative knee condition and we traded up for him, and he still hasn't turned into the monster McNeill already is. Hindsight is 20/20, we couldn't have known he'd drop to the 2nd round, if we did I'm sure we would have taken Cutler at #4, I'd still want Mangold at #29, and I think McNeill was aorund for our 2nd round pick, so that would have worked out great for us. But with hindsight, we would also have taken Colston wouldn't we?

As a fan I think that entitles me to a license to use 20/20 hindsight whenever needed! ;)

Yes, I checked it would have worked out for us and we would have gotten who I really wanted (Cultler). Its all under the bridge but I know I wouldn't have ever picked Brick...even without my excellent hindsight skill #4 was just too high for a lineman who was an average run blocker.

As a fan I think that entitles me to a license to use 20/20 hindsight whenever needed! ;)

Yes, I checked it would have worked out for us and we would have gotten who I really wanted (Cultler). Its all under the bridge but I know I wouldn't have ever picked Brick...even without my excellent hindsight skill #4 was just too high for a lineman who was an average run blocker.

I think what we really wanted to do was trade down from #4 to two picks in the teens, that way I'm certain we'd have basically gotten everyone we wanted. I liked McNeill a lot myself. D'Brick can still develop though, I hope he adds the bulk...McNeill has just been great though, i can't argue that.

Archived