What Makes a team great?

MTJ06

As bad as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning played in this weeks games, both led their teams down the field to either end the game or win the game.

Chad P has never done this and I don't think he ever will.

Yeah the defense needs to improve and the offense does, but the fact is, while I like Chad P, after watching these playoffs, It's seems like a far fetched idea that the Jets are even close to being a consistent contender.

The defense isn't good, they have no rushing attack, they can't stop the two minute offense, they can't score in the two minute offense and in the end, without a huge playmaker, they come up short.

I don't know, Chad P is what he is, but when he throws 2 picks in a game, the Jets are done.

Manning or Brady throw 3 picks and they still drive their team to win in the end.

It's depressing.

As bad as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning played in this weeks games, both led their teams down the field to either end the game or win the game.

Yeah the defense needs to improve and the offense does, but the fact is, while I like Chad P, after watching these playoffs, It's seems like a far fetched idea that the Jets are even close to being a consistent contender.

The defense isn't good, they have no rushing attack, they can't stop the two minute offense, they can't score in the two minute offense and in the end, without a huge playmaker, they come up short.

I don't know, Chad P is what he is, but when he throws 2 picks in a game, the Jets are done.

Manning or Brady throw 3 picks and they still drive their team to win in the end.

It's depressing.

Dude, Brady was picked off on said drive. Hats off to him for shaking it off but he was horrible and the game was over due in large part to his play except for a Troy Brown strip.

Find another game to use as Chad bashing material.

It's not Chad bashing at all.

It's in the fact that Tom Brady threw 3 picks and his team won.

Chad threw 1 pick and a bad lateral and the Jets got blown out not because of Chad P but because the defense stinks.

People keep giving the defense a break for 10 points, keep blaming Chad P for this and that, when in the end Chad P will never be Tom Brady. But on the same note, if he throws 3 picks, game is long over and everybody is bashing him.

Brady throws 3 picks, has a bad game, yet has a chance to win it in the end isn't because of him, it's because the defense gave him a chance to win in the end.

It's depressing.

True. Jets were 1-4 when he did.

It's not Chad bashing at all.

It's in the fact that Tom Brady threw 3 picks and his team won.

Chad threw 1 pick and a bad lateral and the Jets got blown out not because of Chad P but because the defense stinks.

People keep giving the defense a break for 10 points, keep blaming Chad P for this and that, when in the end Chad P will never be Tom Brady. But on the same note, if he throws 3 picks, game is long over and everybody is bashing him.

Brady throws 3 picks, has a bad game, yet has a chance to win it in the end isn't because of him, it's because the defense gave him a chance to win in the end.

Got you and sorry, I misunderstood your original post.

Brady is the best no doubt but the Chargers gave him oppurtunities back by the handfull and to his credit he burnt them.

jets had 1 SB win.

The Pats have 3 SB wins, been to 5 in the past 21 years so no, it's nothing like that at all.

What it's like is this: You want a top 5 defense. So do 27 other teams. I agree with your basic premise that the Jets need to improve D first, but you are harping on the past and everything bad. I know you're depressed, but don't try to depress me. You don't like the fact that the Jets have had many false starts and lame coaches, well neither does anybody else. What does that have to do with Mangini? The current group seems to be headed in the right direction and no reason to doubt them. None. Also, remember it's this message board looking for Turner, not necessarily the FO.

I agree that Mangini has done a great job. But the playoffs made me think differently.

The Playoffs are a different breed. Some coaches shine, others shrink.

I can't tell after one playoff game about Mangini, but from that one game, he and his staff did not look like playoff winners at all. Not even close.

THe Gm did a nice job, but after watching these playoffs so far, I've reevaluated that notion because New ORleans has 2 rookies, maybe 3 who played an important role in their win yesterday.

The Pats have a rookie RB who was good, young offensive line, young WR, and a rookie kicker who won the game.

The Colts have a rookie RB who made a difference in the first 2 playoff games.

The Jets have maybe Mangold. The offensive line and dBRICK looked awful against the Pats. Washington struggled. Brad smith was really a non-factor.

So while they made some great moves in the offseason, I 'm not so sure if they are as great picks as I once thought they were.

When other teams have rookies making a difference in the playoffs and even winning the game, I can't honestly say the jets did a great job last offseason. A good job yes, but great can't be considered once you start looking at what some of the other teams did with their draft picks and how those teams contributed.

Maybe this year will be better, but who knows.

I agree that Mangini has done a great job. But the playoffs made me think differently.

The Playoffs are a different breed. Some coaches shine, others shrink.

I can't tell after one playoff game about Mangini, but from that one game, he and his staff did not look like playoff winners at all. Not even close.

THe Gm did a nice job, but after watching these playoffs so far, I've reevaluated that notion because New ORleans has 2 rookies, maybe 3 who played an important role in their win yesterday.

The Pats have a rookie RB who was good, young offensive line, young WR, and a rookie kicker who won the game.

The Colts have a rookie RB who made a difference in the first 2 playoff games.

The Jets have maybe Mangold. The offensive line and dBRICK looked awful against the Pats. Washington struggled. Brad smith was really a non-factor.

So while they made some great moves in the offseason, I 'm not so sure if they are as great picks as I once thought they were.

When other teams have rookies making a difference in the playoffs and even winning the game, I can't honestly say the jets did a great job last offseason. A good job yes, but great can't be considered once you start looking at what some of the other teams did with their draft picks and how those teams contributed.

Maybe this year will be better, but who knows.

Ok its a little hard to say a guy struggled when he had 11 carries for 50 yards and 4 catches for 25. after a slow first half where he had 6 carries for 12 yards, he came back with 5 carries for 38 yards in the second hale. We must have made a halftime adjustment for the running game. He was gashing the Pats until the "Chaderal" play. The Jets went away from the run after that as we were down 2 scores at that point.

Bad playcalling then.

WHile the Jets defense needs lots of help, I give them credit for holding the Pats to a FG.. So the Jets were down 23-13 at that point.

Not exactly a blowout. They came down the field and scored a FG.. It was 23-16..

Then the defense fell apart and it was 30-16.. Still not uncomprehensible of a score.

Then Chad P threw the pick and it was 37-16, game over.

But the lateral had nothing to do with Leon not getting the ball cause the Jets were down. If he didn't get the ball at that point, it was on Brian S, not the score.

Bad playcalling then.

WHile the Jets defense needs lots of help, I give them credit for holding the Pats to a FG.. So the Jets were down 23-13 at that point.

Not exactly a blowout. They came down the field and scored a FG.. It was 23-16..

Then the defense fell apart and it was 30-16.. Still not uncomprehensible of a score.

Then Chad P threw the pick and it was 37-16, game over.

But the lateral had nothing to do with Leon not getting the ball cause the Jets were down. If he didn't get the ball at that point, it was on Brian S, not the score.

Maybe it was bad play calling maybe it was being down 2 scores, but we went into the fourth down 23-13 and only gave the ball to leon for one run.

Archived