Zebras a F'n joke

T-Mac

Poor J. Collins has been physically abused his whole career by Shaq only to watch him shoot free throws as insult to injury. That last call tonite was critical. It happened twice earlier, but near the end of the 1st OT, Shaq-Fu first pushed off with an elbow to the chest and then planted another in JC's face as he went up for the shot. It just isn't fair. He always runs over this dude and gets the call. That and the ridiculous calls away from the ball really killed the Nets again. No doubt Shaq's a physical specimen, but too bad he has the refs trained like fish.

dude...I get that this is a Jets site and youre probably a Nets fan, and believe me, nobody hates Shaq more than I...

but the Nets lost because they took RETARDED, AWFUL SHOTS with tons of time on the clock. They took horrible looks and threw up bricks anyway and what kills me is that the Nets could have put the Heat away in the 4th quarter!

I want this series to go the limit...make Fat Shaq work a little!!!

T, I hear you about the calls, but JBF makes a good point--the Nets took some rancid shots coming down the stretch. It's crazy. Shaq's a lazy defender, but Vince and Iverson have both said that it's impossible to get to the rim when he's in there, and those two are probably the best in the league at getting the ball in the hole.

Gotta give RJ props for playing his ass off tonight. I questioned his heart in the past, but he's really sucking it up for the team. Still, he scares the sh*t out of me coming down the stretch when he has the ball in his hand.

The Nets fought like hell for the last two months to get this far, and while it sucks that they're going to get swept, you have to love what you're seeing out there if you're a Nets fan. It's all about next season right now. The only one who can ruin things is Kidd if he comes out and demands a trade, which is not unlikely at this point.

As for off-season needs, they HAVE to get a PF who wants to wrestle inside and that can take minutes away from Collins. Twin is smart and gives a good effort, but there are just times when he stops competing in the post for rebounds and position. There are no more centers, but if the Nets can get one of those scrappy PF types--like a Malik Rose--he can make a major difference. I'd even consider dealing Twin now that we know Krstic is the real deal. Somebody should want a 7-footer with his experience.

They also need a 2-guard that can stroke it, and a back-up PG that can drive the ball into the paint and play D. It's unbelievable that we're going on Year Three with this team and they still don't have a spot-up shooter to pair with Kidd. And now with Vince and RJ in the fold, they can deal with having a straight-up shooter on the squad. How about someone like Vlad Radmanovic from Seattle? Deadly stroke, and a tough guy at that.

If anyone can take minutes away from Twin we'll be better off for it. He just can't make a shot. Robinson is a jock also. No reason to miss that wide open three while his head was on a swivel. Who was he looking for? Aim and shoot. I feel for JC because he tries on D, but if the refs are gonna penalize him for taking a beating he's gotta go.

If anyone can take minutes away from Twin we'll be better off for it. He just can't make a shot. Robinson is a jock also. No reason to miss that wide open three while his head was on a swivel. Who was he looking for? Aim and shoot. I feel for JC because he tries on D, but if the refs are gonna penalize him for taking a beating he's gotta go.

We know what that's all about man. Whenever Dick Bavetta is on the floor, David Stern is controlling the game. With no LeBron, Stern needs Shaq in the Finals against the Rockets, no question. He'd puke if the Nets wiped out his meal ticket.

Shaq gets and got all the calls as usual last night- Nets gave it their best shot- just do not have the frontline depth to match up with Miami or the top teams in the league.

I will be pulling for Detroit to knock the Heat out in the East finals.

Tough they won't last much longer than the Nets, I'll be jumping on the Wizards' bandwagon. I went to grammar school with Mike O'Koren, the assistant coach. Pretty cool that he was mentioned in yesterday's Daily News as potential head coach material. It was in the Flip Saunders atricle.

I need Alonzo Mourning to die without a ring. He's an Allan Houston-type thief.

That's how I feel about Jason Kidd - the nost despicable athlete-human being on this Earth. Not only should he pass away without ever getting a ring, but he should suffer along the way. Put it this way, Doug Flutie is my hero compared to that human fecal matter.

Flutie can't be all bad. He's responsible for at least one riot in Bahstin. The most despicable being on earth would be Shaq-Fu. He physically abuses smaller guys and then whines to the ref because he can't make a foul shot. Nothing worse than a bully crybaby. Kidd will get that championship but not here. He even leads this team in rebounds. Did you see the one he stole from the most-hated monster at the start of OT? Fear not, Garbelzebub :evil: . Kidd won't get his trophy this year. Neither will that class citizen, Pierce though. :P

Flutie can't be all bad. He's responsible for at least one riot in Bahstin. The most despicable being on earth would be Shaq-Fu. He physically abuses smaller guys and then whines to the ref because he can't make a foul shot. Nothing worse than a bully crybaby. Kidd will get that championship but not here. He even leads this team in rebounds. Did you see the one he stole from the most-hated monster at the start of OT? Fear not, Garbelzebub :evil: . Kidd won't get his trophy this year. Neither will that class citizen, Pierce though. :P

Pierce's pout is a little too much to take. When his talent (shooting) goes cold - so does his heart.

There's a lot of young, immature, talent on the Celts. The future is bright - especially with Ainge's patience (the anti- Pitino, who single-handily pushed back the Celts progress for an extra four years.)

Still - I find Kidd to be the most vile athlete of all time - in all sport.

This very same topic came up amongst friends a few weeks back. Popular choice - Arod. :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2051994

The NBA is pretty much a joke. It borders on fixed. The refs favor superstars and/or home teams in that order.

Jeff Van Gundy (who i have always disliked for milking the fun out of the game, but have to respect in this instance for speaking the truth)gets fined $100K for saying what anyone who watches playoff basketball knows-the NBA wants series to go as many games as possible and to keep their stars playing. Why anyone watches NBA hoops is a mystery-46 minutes of overpaid and overfed prima donnas who cannot shoot or play defense awaiting 2 minutes of play over 45 real time minutes(with timeouts)to be decided by the refs anyway based on what's best for tv and jersey sales.

Archived